for DayCare Centers
301 - Staff/Child
- A licensee shall not have more children in care at any one time
than the maximum specified on the license.
- The following Staff Child Ratios shall be maintained:
- a. Ages 2 1/2 through 3 years -1 worker per 12 children
- b. 4 years -1 worker per 15 children
- c. 5 years to kindergarten -1 worker per 18 children
- d. Kindergarten and above -1 worker per 20 children
- When a total of eight (8) or fewer children are in care, age groups
may be mixed according to the following ratios:
| # STAFF
|| # CHILDREN
|| No more than 3 under age of 2 years
|| No more than 2 under age of 2 years
|| No more than 1 under age of 2 years
- In a group containing children of different ages, the staff/child
ratio shall meet the requirements for the youngest child in the group.
6 At no time shall children be left unsupervised or unattended. The child care
center shall provide additional staff for any temporary absence of primary child
caring staff for activities such as breaks, meal preparation, transportation,
- During lunch or outdoor play activities, if children of different
age groups are together, the staff child ratio for the respective age groups
shall be maintained.
- Additional staff provisions shall be made for enrollment of children
with disabilities who require individual attention.
- During nap time for children age 2 1/2 and above, a minimum of 50%
of the staff shall remain with the children, with a total of 75% of the staff
remaining in the building.