PDA

View Full Version : Is your "Suck-O-Meter" going off ????

Cat Herder
03-04-2011, 05:26 AM
By now we have all seen the stop-smoking campaign that is lodged in my head; "The Suck-O-Meter"...it makes me laugh and I am going to need one today...;) (non-smoker) I though it could work in relation to our days as well....

What is your drop-off time indicator that the day is not going to go as planned.....:ouch:

For me, today, it was all 6 of my DCK's having been carried to the door sound asleep....

Not 1 or 2......ALL 6...:eek::eek:

Should I call the CDC, now...or just suit up and wait for the Fever/NVD this afternoon????:ouch:

Your turn!!!

SilverSabre25
03-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Maybe they're all growing...? Maybe you wore them out too much yesterday...? You hope...? At least it's Friday!

What is your drop-off time indicator that the day is not going to go as planned.....

When more than one kid gets handed over to me screaming (VERY uncharacteristic)

momofboys
03-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Mine was when SA child who stayed home yesterday returned to my care this A.M & after DCD left I realized she was a tad bit warm (nothing terrible but still 99.7 - my cutoff is 100.2). I called dad & was told to give her Tylenol & send her to school!:confused: Poor kid! I warned dad the school would be calling! TGIF!!!!

morgan24
03-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Mine was very icy roads this morning and dcm slid into the ditch. I helped shovel and push her out. She didn't go in far so it was easy. Dcg thought it was a great adventure.

DCMomOf3
03-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Mine was when all of my toddlers came with breakfast still being chewed in their mouths and fisted in their little hands.

Zoe
03-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Mine was when my SA walked in the door and the second his mom closed the door behind her, he muttered something VERY smarmy and disrespectful under his breath. This kid had an a-t-t-i-t-u-d-e this morning! He even swore at my cat! :confused::mad:

Blackcat31
03-04-2011, 05:54 AM
mine was a 3 year old who came into the house this morning.....ALONE!!

When I asked her where her mom was she said, "Oh, she just dropped me off!" :eek:

I called mom and lit into her....dropping your (new) 3 year old off alone and driving off is NOT ACCEPTABLE in my book!!!!! Mom's excuse? She was running late and wanted to get Caribou Coffee before work; and I quote, "I watched her walk into the door so I know she got in okay!"

I told mom if she EVER does that again....she will no longer have childcare from me and I will call the police and report an unattended child as well as calling Human Services and report her!

WOW!!! Normally, this mom is very level headed and responsible and this is completely out of character so I am chalking this up to poor decisions/judgement. (or lack of caffiene ???)

nikia
03-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Mine was a family, who was sent home with loose poop yesterday (6 of them) was told they could not come back to care, texting me at 5:15 in the morning for drop off telling me they were outside and child was fine all last night :rolleyes:

missnikki
03-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Mine was, when two of the kids get dropped off and the parent kneels down and whispers at the kid, stands up and walks out without saying goodbye. Two seperate parents, that is!

E Daycare
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Mine was yesterday when everyone showed up all at once at 7:15am. Its chaotic and I didnt have a chance to ask one dck grandma if/when dck ate so I knew it was going to be a guessing game come breakfast and snack time.

Thankfully they all napped good and I only have one dck (plus my DS) today so TGIF and WOOHOO!

countrymom
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
mine was the 3 yr old who came in with a wad of gum again. Dads excuse, well it motivates him in the morning to get going. Ummm your children have silver caps on all their teeth because you were told not to feed them sugar food. Oh and then the dcg (his 5 yr old sister) says that she is hungry, so I asked what she had for breakfast (she goes to kindy but goes around 830 to catch the bus) she tells me "a fruit role up" ya ok.

SilverSabre25
03-04-2011, 11:14 AM
mine was the 3 yr old who came in with a wad of gum again. Dads excuse, well it motivates him in the morning to get going. Ummm your children have silver caps on all their teeth because you were told not to feed them sugar food. Oh and then the dcg (his 5 yr old sister) says that she is hungry, so I asked what she had for breakfast (she goes to kindy but goes around 830 to catch the bus) she tells me "a fruit role up" ya ok.

:eek::eek: That's just awful.

sahm2three
03-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I love being warned that the boys are "extra ornery" today. Awesome. And mom was right. Today has been hell! Ugh!