PDA

View Full Version : Termination Of Older Children

pfund2233
06-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I have two kids myself who are 8 and 5. I have 6 daycare kids who are 5mo, 15mo, 18mo, 2yrs, 5yrs, and 8yrs. I would like to only watch the younger ones and terminate the 2 older ones. They clash with my kids and can be rude and disrespectful. On the other hand they can be good kids too. Come fall they will both be in school and I really don't want then taking up a position that I could use for a younger full time kid. (I have a wait list so it wouldn't be a problem to fill)

How do I nicely word this in termination letter??

Cat Herder
06-28-2011, 12:29 PM
"After much thought and personal reflection I have decided to no longer offer School Aged Care. This includes both before/after school and Summer services.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Effective (first day of school in your district) I will only be enrolling infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to better meet their needs.

Thank you for your understanding."

I did this about 8 years ago. :ouch:

AmandasFCC
06-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Yup I just did the same thing ... only I didn't have to write a letter, neither of the parents wanted to pay to hold the kids' spaces over the summer since they didn't need me, so I said goodbye! And changed my handbook to indicated I cut off services when they go to school.

Michael
06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Some more Terminatoin Letter threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=termination+letter