PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Vegetarian Only Providers Here>>

joyb~provider
07-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Just wondering?? :confused: I moved my home DC to vegetarian only about 6 months ago and I will never look back. I dont know that there is a HUGE market for it but I only keep a very small number of kid so it's just a matter of going through the motions to FIND those who are in need of this kind of service. Spots are filling slowly but they are filling. It's great,no more cooking foods I don't eat (meats) for clients..... :ouch:

daycare
07-01-2011, 07:58 AM
vegan here, but I don't feed the kids this way. One I cant afford it and two all of them would starve.....lol

I do serve them quiona often, but most wont eat it...

PitterPatter
07-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Just wondering?? :confused: I moved my home DC to vegetarian only about 6 months ago and I will never look back. I dont know that there is a HUGE market for it but I only keep a very small number of kid so it's just a matter of going through the motions to FIND those who are in need of this kind of service. Spots are filling slowly but they are filling. It's great,no more cooking foods I don't eat (meats) for clients..... :ouch:

Does the food program make exceptions for vegatarian children?

childcarebytori
07-01-2011, 10:18 AM
How wonderful!! I am a vegetarian and I do a lot a vegetarian meals for my daycare kids. It's super simple to substitute meat for other foods and none of my parents complain about my menu. Ever try veggie "chicken" nugget? My kids go nuts over them! Grilled cheese and tomato soup are a favorite, as well as vegetable stir-fry, quesadillas with vegetarian refried beans, chili beans with corn bread and many more. I, like you, enjoy serving meals I can enjoy with my kids instead of making something else for myself.

I doubt my parents would care if I stopped serving meat completely to the dcks, vegetarians are very popular in my area.

squareone
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Does the food program make exceptions for vegatarian children?

You can serve vegetarian meals and still be on the food program. They have meat alternates which include eggs, peanut butter, beans, etc.

jen
07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
vegan here, but I don't feed the kids this way. One I cant afford it and two all of them would starve.....lol

I do serve them quiona often, but most wont eat it...

daycare, how do you serve quinoa? I have been meaning to try it, but I haven't really taken the time to find any recipes. I have purchased the qunioa pasta...love that.

PitterPatter
07-01-2011, 11:40 AM
You can serve vegetarian meals and still be on the food program. They have meat alternates which include eggs, peanut butter, beans, etc.

That's great! I guess my chart does say or alternative lol I never really thought about it. Thanks!

BusyBee
07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I am a vegetarian but I am the only one in my family and in my daycare. I do feed them a couple veg meals during the week but just because I feel they don't need meat at every meal. They love pretty much everything I make on those days, so that is nice.

Meyou
07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I only serve meat protien 3 times a week at most and I have a vegetarian dck.

MarinaVanessa
07-01-2011, 12:32 PM
How wonderful!! I am a vegetarian and I do a lot a vegetarian meals for my daycare kids. It's super simple to substitute meat for other foods and none of my parents complain about my menu. Ever try veggie "chicken" nugget? My kids go nuts over them! Grilled cheese and tomato soup are a favorite, as well as vegetable stir-fry, quesadillas with vegetarian refried beans, chili beans with corn bread and many more. I, like you, enjoy serving meals I can enjoy with my kids instead of making something else for myself.

I doubt my parents would care if I stopped serving meat completely to the dcks, vegetarians are very popular in my area.

I would like to try your recipes. Care to share!? I get tired of ask for chicken nuggets all of the time and having to say no. I'd like to try your recipe out sometime. They don't have to know it's not chicken lol.

TBird
07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm a meat eater but I think this is an awesome service you are providing. Hats off to you!!!:)

childcarebytori
07-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I would like to try your recipes. Care to share!? I get tired of ask for chicken nuggets all of the time and having to say no. I'd like to try your recipe out sometime. They don't have to know it's not chicken lol.

MarinaVanessa,

I got the recipe from HERE (http://vegetarian.about.com/od/maindishentreerecipes/r/TofuNuggets.htm). I, like you, had constant requests for chicken nuggets and buying the MorningStar brand of vegetarian "chicken" nuggets got to be expensive when I became full. I still occasionally buy then when I plan on only having a few children, but it's maybe once every two months.

This recipe is great. Not ONE of my children have every complained about the different taste and texture of these nuggets and I'm very happy about that. I personally don't enjoy the taste of tofu but I'm just glad my kids are happy. Read through the reviews to get a better look of what works better. I baked my nuggets and they were great.

Meyou
07-04-2011, 05:11 AM
What do they taste like? I think I'm going to try this recipe. :)

Has anyone ever used TVP (textured vegatable protein)? I use as a subsitute for ground beef and the kids can't tell the difference. Much, much cheaper too. I get it at the bulk store.