PDA

View Full Version : For Those of You That "Wear" DCKs...

SunflowerMama
07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Just a quick question for any of you that "wear" your dcks (wraps, mei tai, etc.) have any of the parents ever been offended that you do it or ask that you not wear them?

bice99
07-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't do it all day long, but when we're on outings or doing something where I need my hands. My parents LOVE that I care for their infants like that. Of course I don't do it once they can sit up/crawl.

childcarebytori
07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I've only recently gotten a Moby and so far I've "worn" two of my daycare babies; one who is five months and one who is just shy of six weeks. I explained during my interviews that I would be wearing the babies and one set of parents were completely fine with it and the other parent (single mom) loved the idea and was very happy that it was a way I could bond with the baby. She's great in itself, but that's another subject.

I'm not sure if I could with parents who asked for their baby not to be worn, but I will tackle that when it comes along. I like to bond with my infants as they are in my care all day, every day. I like there to be trust and comfort available to the babies and I think wearing is a great thing.

cheerfuldom
07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I always ask to make sure a parent is comfortable with it. Both of my current DCMs that have infants also babywear and they are supportive of me doing it here. That said, I don't do it a whole lot after about 9 months. I'd rather have them on the floor, playing and learning than having them get over attached to being carried all the time.

kidkair
07-01-2011, 12:27 PM
The last baby I wore is now 2.5 and she still gets worn at home when she's super clingy and in need of attention but mom really has to get other stuff done. I think it's absolutely wonderful. I'm excited to get a new baby to wear in the fall! I don't think I'd take a baby whose parents didn't like the baby wearing plan. There are plenty out there who don't wear babies so they can just go off and find one of them.

BusyBee
07-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I have only had two that I have needed to wear and both parents loved it! I think that they liked seeing the baby all snuggled with me. If they were jealous they never let it show.

I don't take babies anymore but I do miss that snuggly stage.

sahm2three
07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Just a quick question for any of you that "wear" your dcks (wraps, mei tai, etc.) have any of the parents ever been offended that you do it or ask that you not wear them?

I always check with the parents first, but I only do it if I am too busy to just hold them and need my hands. I don't just wear them all day.

SilverSabre25
07-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Moby Wraps for the wee ones are AMAZING!!!

I wouldn't take a family that wasn't accepting and supportive of my attachment parenting style. It dwindles for the dcks by the time they're toddlers, but for babies, I try to be as attachment as I can be, and that includes wearing. I am not a baby-wearing expert, but I do know how to do it correctly and safely and I have a variety of wraps and slings at my disposal. What I don't know, my sister does, and if she doesn't, she has friends who really ARE babywearing experts who can help me out.