PDA

View Full Version : Paid Holidays

spud912
07-06-2011, 08:55 AM
I do not have "business hours" per se, just contracted hours. I have noticed with paid holiday weeks that my families want me to work beyond the contracted hours on the days surrounding the holiday. In other words, they want to drop off early or pick up late on the other days and they figured since I didn't work on the holiday that it would be ok. I was just wondering if this happens to any of you and how you would word it in your contract to prevent it from happening.

daycare
07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I do not have "business hours" per se, just contracted hours. I have noticed with paid holiday weeks that my families want me to work beyond the contracted hours on the days surrounding the holiday. In other words, they want to drop off early or pick up late on the other days and they figured since I didn't work on the holiday that it would be ok. I was just wondering if this happens to any of you and how you would word it in your contract to prevent it from happening.
no it does not, beacuse I make it clear that when a child takes a day off if its personal, sick, vacation or holiday, that i will not offer make up time for their time off or missed.

I think if you are clear about it from the start you won't have this issue..

mac60
07-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Gotta love the parents.....They are amazing.....I don't have late fees, when I sign on a family they give me drop off and pick up times, I give them a price. Now when I take a vacation day or a sick day....some are so quick to not pay me for it.....but when they drop off early or pick up late, I get nothing extra...... It is ok for me to "work" extra for them, but God forbid they pay for a day I am sick or take a day off. I am a fool for doing it, just now isn't the best time to make waves with the business.

I get paid for all holidays though, and I have never had people try to work around that like you are suggesting.