PDA

View Full Version : Can't Wait For The Parents To Hear About This One...

newtodaycare22
07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I am going to the beach next week (yay!) and my friend is taking over for me w/daycare. She stopped by during nap yesterday and I gave her my house key, thinking "oh, we already went to the park today." I forgot about TODAY and totally went to the library and park w/no house key. We got on the porch and was like ooooooooooh man. 6 kids. No key. hahaha You laugh or cry right?

My mom lives 10 minutes away and brought me my spare but I imagine every kid will share this HILARIOUS story with their parents tonight.:lol:

We went in the backyard and read new books/played while we waited. Ay ay ay Happy Friday!

SimpleMom
07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh gosh, I did that same thing about 5 years ago. totally get the laugh or cry deal :) We just huing out and played outdoors as well. Thankfully, the weather cooperated for a bit. I actually had to break in to my own house. No family nearby and my extra key was with someone not home at the time.

Glad everything worked out for you :)

Zoe
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh I so agree with the "laugh or cry" thing! Maybe from now on keep a spare at your place for house-sitters?

You handled that quite well! Kudos! :)

Crazy8
07-08-2011, 11:55 AM
at least it wasn't in the pouring rain!!! I don't bring my keys with me on walks because I know I can just come thru the garage (keypad to open) but I know someday I'm going to come home to the power out or something and I'm going to be locked out!

Kaddidle Care
07-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I learned my lesson about always having a key in my pocket when going out the door when my first was in a walker. I went out to get the mail, he grabbed the front door and slammed it and you know it - it was locked! :eek: I had hardwood floors throughout the house and he could boogie in that walker - I could hear him going Wheeeeeee! through the house. THANKFULLY I had opened the bathroom window that morning and was able to pop the screen and climb back in. Whew!

To this day, 19 years later, I still pat my pocket for the key before closing the door behind me.

It happens - don't sweat it. You handled it wonderfully and thankfully none of your wee ones had to go to the bathroom during that time or it would have been "Camping lesson #1". :lol:

kidkair
07-08-2011, 04:05 PM
This is why I always only use my dead bolt to lock the door. I have to have the key in order to lock my door and thereby never get locked out.

Michael
07-08-2011, 11:07 PM
This is why I always only use my dead bolt to lock the door. I have to have the key in order to lock my door and thereby never get locked out.

You can also get one of the key boxes that locks on a pipe outside. I keep a key in it and it uses a 4 number password.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/a1/a13feb4c-0265-41e1-bb58-24bf85f2298c_300.jpg

daysofelijah
07-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Uh oh! Lucky your mom could bring the key. We have a lock box hidden under the deck in the back yard, like the one Michael posted. It has come in handy more than once. Our realtor actually gave it to us as a move-in gift.