PDA

View Full Version : Foul Language

mrsp'slilpeeps
07-11-2011, 07:25 AM
What would you do if a DCB called your child a very nasty word?

I dont even think I can write the word on here but it starts with a B and ends with Terd.

I put him in a time out and told him under no circumstances are you allowed to use bad words in my house.

I also told him that we would be telling mom.

WWYD?

laundrymom
07-11-2011, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't make a deal of it just keep telling him we don't use that word here because it's an ugly word.

sharlan
07-11-2011, 07:33 AM
How old is he?

All you can really do is explain to him that "we don't use that kind of language here". Explain to your son the same thing so he doesn't start using it.

Discuss it with his mom.

Crystal
07-11-2011, 07:33 AM
How old is he? Sounds like he has been called that before. I'd ask him where he heard that word.

familyschoolcare
07-11-2011, 07:36 AM
When my children where young the rule was that we do not use words we do not know what they mean the only draw back to this was that at age 5 my son in public of course asked what the "N" word meant.

Michael
07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
More threads on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=bad+words

Christian Mother
07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I have a quite a few boys under 3 in my home and 2 of them had started saying some pretty unflattering words...S**T and D*ME. Bc there are quiet young yet and didn't seem to be calling anything in particular the name just parenting it back seemed to me that the best way to deal with this is just pull them a side and tell them hmmm hmmmm we don't talk like that here. I DO NOT like that word at all. Don't let me hear that again. Or time out after it's said again. Def. talk with mom or dad. If they are 4 or 5 in age. You will need to specifically have a talk about that particular word and ask them do they know what that means and if they don't then you tell them it isn't a nice word to call someone at all and give a warning. Tell them we will be making a call to mom right away if I hear that come out of your mouth again.

mac60
07-12-2011, 03:13 AM
There was a time when a child would get a pinch of soap in the mouth for bad words flying out of their mouth....unfortunately, those days are gone.;)

PitterPatter
07-12-2011, 05:27 AM
There was a time when a child would get a pinch of soap in the mouth for bad words flying out of their mouth....unfortunately, those days are gone.;)

Yeah and even poor Ralphie got the whole end of a bar of Lifeboy :lol:

I try not to suck all the air out of the room like I used to lol Now I just tell the child we do not use that word. I would inform the parent at pick up so that they know the word was not learned in daycare and it started elsewhere.

mrsp'slilpeeps
07-12-2011, 06:56 AM

Those days are not gone in my house. My own son who is 5 still gets soap in his mouth for swearing.

Anyway DCB got in mega trouble last night and apologized this morning to my son.