PDA

View Full Version : Finally full!

E Daycare
07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Well after being open over a year (anniversary of getting my first dck was June 1st) Im finally able to say I have no more openings! Im not licensed (just certified in child development and CPR and stuff)but I do keep in compliance with Ohio laws for a class B home and I dont want to overwhelm myself. Yesterday I received my enrollment fee for my final child. YAY!

Its taken a lot to get here as I started TWO years ago just getting certified and buying supplies. I have a 2yr old son and last June I got my first kid and he left in November. It took till November to get my 2nd and I had to terminate them in April or I wouldve climbed the nut tree. January I got a part time kid and then filled another part time spot in April. This April DCK has a sister on the way so come fall Ill have the sibling and yesterday I started a file on my final part timer. Im only doing part time care. No more than 3 days a week. It frees up my time, Im not too overwhelmed, I get to spend time with just my son more AND get to make some extra "mommy wants a new Marc Jacobs purse" fund.

I also have a substantial wait list too. So far its 3 people and one possibly pending. Im excited just in case something falls through but Im pretty sure everyone is happy where they are at. Most of my dck have teacher schedules too so that is a added plus. I have a nice break in the summer as my kids have been coming a few days here and there. WONDERFUL.

I feel like what my husband and I were talking about for 2yrs has come to circle. It seemed like it took forever though.

Now that school is starting here next month Ive had a lot of panicked moms calling looking for care. The best feeling though was being able to tell them "Sorry Im full but I can put you on a wait list". Ive been waiting forever to say that! Just like you guys said, you have to wait it out.

cheerfuldom
07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I am so glad! It sounds like you have figured out the perfect schedule for you and your needs. Its always nice to reach that goal!

Zoe
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
That's so great! Gives me hope!

SilverSabre25
07-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh, I do hope that the condition is catching! Congratulations!

daycare
07-13-2011, 02:29 PM
great job......while I am now trying to add to my DC I am really enjoying the very small group of kids daily and getting a chance to relax before every thing picks up again...

congrats to you in a hard economy to do it in?? you should celebrate!!!

Crazy8
07-13-2011, 02:52 PM
congrats!! that is great!! hoping I can join you on being full in September too!

CheekyChick
07-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Good for you!!! :) :) :)