PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr... Seriously!!

pfund2233
07-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I have a dcb and dcg who are 5 and 8. (same ages as my girls) I have had these two since Dec 2010. THE DCB IS A COMPLETE BRAT!!! The girl can be but not as bad. Very rude, disrespectful, ungrateful ect ect. The 4 older kids (my 2 and the dcb and dcg) walk to my house after summer school. (4 blocks) Well today my mom thought she would be nice and go pick them up... as a treat! :) Well I guess when she got there the 3 girls all got in the van and the dcb took off running down the block screaming he wanted to walk!!! He knows my mom very well as she takes them all to swimming lessons in the afternoons. My mom said she had to run after him and my mom has really bad hips and feet and she cont to tell me he was very disrespectful to her also!! This made me sooo angry!! :mad: I have already told the family as on Sep 1 I can't watch them anymore due to this behavior! I'm seriously considering giving them a 2 week notice to make it Aug 1. What do you think??

PS... other parents here so happy when they heard they were gone Sept 1 because of dcb behavior! :eek:

CheekyChick
07-14-2011, 02:09 PM
IMO, it's time to say goodbye. That behavior is unacceptable at that age!

afmama
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Your capital letter sentence of calling the DCB a brat is your answer. Even if you wanted to help change his behavior, you just called him a brat.

Your not up for it, you obviously don't want him in your daycare so give them notice.

Maybe he ran cause he's not used to your mom picking him up? Or anyone for that matter. I take it your mom works with you? Only licsensed providers are allowed to pick up children in this state.

safechner
07-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Give them a two weeks notice. It is not worth to stay with him until September 1st if he won't changed his behavior. I would kick him out of my daycare without notice. I don't care about money but it will get lighter on your shoulder.. Good Luck!

wdmmom
07-14-2011, 03:20 PM
After todays episode, they just "bought" themselves an earlier notice!

Give it to them tomorrow! :)

nannyde
07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
It would be a wonderful life lesson for the Mom for you to term now. She needs to understand the consequences of raising a child who would be so disrespectful to an older adult.

Ask the Mom tomorrow what the consequences were for the boy when he got home. Her answer will tell you everything you need to know.