PDA

View Full Version : Terming and fill spot...questions!

Francine
07-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Good Morning,

I haven't posted in quite a while, I changed my user name a few months ago when there was a big scare so I'm not new, just the name is.

I have a little guy who is 18 months old, I have had him since he was 7 months and love him dearly. It's the Mom that I am having issues with, it's to many things to go into but the point is I would love to start looking for others to fill their spot but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do I start interviewing, find the one that I want and then give her notice? I have a feeling that I need to do something before she does. We live in a small town and she is a hair dresser so she comes into contact with a lot of people on a daily basis, I want to do this right. Help please!

erinalexmom
07-19-2011, 06:12 AM
If you need the $ I would interview, find a new person and term. I hate to say that but its hard to lose the income till you get someone new.

MarinaVanessa
07-19-2011, 06:20 AM
I would start interviewing first too and then when you find someone to fill his spot then I would terminate. I'd try as hard as I could to have the other child start around the same time that your other DCB leaves or right before so that you don't have a gap in between of no kids. If you do overlap the two just be prepared for things to get uncomfortable. Your DCM might start asking questions about why you have a new DCK or get petty once you give them their term notice. The new DCM might wonder why you had a DC family and then all of a sudden they're gone. It would be great of your new DC family dropped off and picked up at different times and they didn't cross paths. I think the transition would go way easier.

SimpleMom
07-19-2011, 06:26 AM
I would agree, go ahead and interview. If you find someone that is a good fit, then I would give notice. If you don't need the money, just term and start interviewing (if it's really uncomfortable to work with them?)

Francine
07-19-2011, 06:35 AM
I would agree, go ahead and interview. If you find someone that is a good fit, then I would give notice. If you don't need the money, just term and start interviewing (if it's really uncomfortable to work with them?)

I guess it's not really uncomfortable to work for them it's more that I am waiting for her to drop the bomb on me because there doesn't seem to be any pleasing DCM. I figure if I interview and fill the spot then the ball is in my court. I don't know what to do : (

daycare
07-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Have you tried to work with the mom on her issues?
I had a family I was working with that made too much drama. I finally said you néed to leave the drama at home. If you continue ti bring it here I'll have to ask you to find another place to go. We have been drama free since then.

If mom can't comply then I would say find a replacement.