PDA

View Full Version : Wording on Contract

grandmom
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

I need wording that sounds good. What I want to say is that if the provider changes the contract payment, and notice is given in writing, the parent accepts that new amount, and it becomes part of the contract without a new contract being signed every time.

Any suggestions?

SandeeAR
07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
That sounds confusing to me LOL.

Why not just have a new rate sheet and have them sign it? Put in a line stating, "All other areas of the orginal contract are still in effect".

wdmmom
07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do here...

Are the parents wanting to go from paying weekly to bi-weekly or wanting to pay daily instead of monthly or changing their payment date all together???

Any time a change is made, I have parents sign a new contract. It's the same contract before but I write REVISED at the top and the date showing the change of rate/payment date, etc.

MyAngels
07-19-2011, 01:03 PM
How about:

Contracted rates are subject to change at any time. Any changes will be made by written notice, and this written notice will become an enforceable part of this contract.

I would probably just do as PP suggested and sign a new contract if you make any changes.

grandmom
07-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Thank you MyAngels

I like your wording.

What I wrote was:

This contract remains in effect as prices increase/decrease (when notice of price change is provided in writing).

daycare
07-20-2011, 10:55 AM
do you have revisions written into your contract?

I can't recall my exact wording, but I have in my contract that should I feel it be necessary to change any portion of the contract that the parents will have 14 days to review, sign and accpet the new terms (unless it is state regulations, it will be immediate). All other forms prior to that will become void...

Again something like this is what I have written so that it covers everything.