View Full Version : Want to start a Center for school age children
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I am considering opening up a before and afterschool center in Montgomery County Maryland for school age children. Would I be required to get a license?
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
In Maryland, it would appear so. There are exceptions stated here:
03 Requirement to be Registered.
A. Except as provided under žB of this regulation, an individual may not operate a family day care home unless:
(1) Both the individual and the home meet the requirements for registration set forth in this chapter; and
(2) The individual possesses a valid certificate of registration.
B. A family day care home is not required to be registered if the provider:
(1) Is a relative of each child;
(2) Is a friend of each child's parents or legal guardian and the care is provided on a non-regular basis less than 20 hours a month; or
(3) Has received the care of the child from a child placement agency licensed by the Department.
C. In this chapter, all requirements pertaining to a family day care provider shall apply equally to a family day care co-provider.
vBulletin® v3.8.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.