PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes In DCG

Unregistered
01-09-2012, 08:28 AM
I have a 2 1/2 yr old daycare girl & need some suggestions.

She has always been very independant & advanced for her age. Walked early, talked early. Held her bottle early.

Potty trained just after 2nd birthday. But she came back the Wednesday after Christmas and has since started pooping in her underwear. She goes in a corner to hide & poops. The first couple of times she tried to clean herself up... Big MESS! Since then we have been working on positive reenforcement & rewards. She has only pooped once in the toilet since then. Every day I have been cleaning her up. I have been thinking about asking mom to put her back in pull ups, but then...would that being going backward?

Also, in November she started studdering. Not just the stumbling over words kind of studdering, but REALLY studdering. Her mom & I talked about it. Mom said she googled it & found it was normal for her age. She waits to wait for 3rd bday check up to talk to dr. It is not getting better. It is getting worse. It used to be every once in a while but now is almost every sentence.

"I I I I I I w-w-w-want to play with the bbbbaby"

Should I be concerned about all these big changes?

Ariana
01-09-2012, 09:15 AM
It does sound somewhat normal but at the same time those are big changes. I would give it a few more months and then re-evaluate. Did anything change at home? New sibling?

cheerfuldom
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I would absolutely insist on pullups. It is unsanitary for her to be going potty anywhere else but the toilet and you cannot be spending so much time cleaning up after one child.

Lianne
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Any changes going on in her life? Even something simple like moving from a crib to a bed can stress a young child out and cause stuttering and regression issues.

countrymom
01-09-2012, 10:47 AM
that doesn't sound right, something must be going on.

JennyBear
01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
I agree with putting her back into pull ups. It is very unsanitary for her to be going throughout the day in her pants, not to mention that it is probably taking you forever to clean up the mess. Totally not worth the stress!

Talk to her parents and ask if there have been any changes at home...even something so small could be the trigger.

If her speech is worse and doesn't seem to be getting any better at all, I would mention it to mom and dad again, although it's hard to bring something like that up.

Hang in there and good luck!

KEG123
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd definitely require her to be in pullups!

MommieNana4
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Put her back in pull ups and document everything (each time you talk to the parents about her potty issues and her stuttering, their reaction). I would check to see if there are some resources out there (for future reference if the stuttering persists). All the best.