PDA

View Full Version : Kid Who Pees Pants On Purpose When Mad

Checkinkids.com
02-18-2012, 06:01 AM
We have a kid who goes to the potty....He is a wild kid that that goes around pulling stuff off of walls, jumping off everything, constantly trying to go in rooms where he's not allowed...I'm sure everyone has had a few of those. Now he's started this thing where he pees his pants every time he gets in trouble. :mad: NOT COOL.

Any advice on what to do here?

Kaddidle Care
02-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Bye, bye stinky pee boy. :D

Blackcat31
02-18-2012, 06:53 AM
What happens when he does pee his pants?
Do you get mad?
Do you clean him up?

If you are angry or having to change him then he is doing it for that reason; it bothers you and you are the one that has to deal with it. :mad:

If this were happening in my care, I would make him change himself and get a pull up to wear for the rest of the day (and possibly longer).

HE needs to be the one bothered by the situation before he is going to change it or stop doing it. If the only reaction he gets by peeing is from you, then that is clearly why he is doing it.

Children change their behaviors when it becomes a problem to them. When things are a problem to people, it is a strong motivator to change those behaviors.

I am not saying he needs to be punished, so to speak, but he HAS to have some sort of consequence for his actions so that he is motivated to change his behaviors.

(This is all assuming he is SURELY doing the peeing on purpose and does not have some sort of medical issue causing him to have accidents.)

Heidi
02-18-2012, 07:51 AM
What happens when he does pee his pants?
Do you get mad?
Do you clean him up?

If you are angry or having to change him then he is doing it for that reason; it bothers you and you are the one that has to deal with it. :mad:

If this were happening in my care, I would make him change himself and get a pull up to wear for the rest of the day (and possibly longer).

HE needs to be the one bothered by the situation before he is going to change it or stop doing it. If the only reaction he gets by peeing is from you, then that is clearly why he is doing it.

Children change their behaviors when it becomes a problem to them. When things are a problem to people, it is a strong motivator to change those behaviors.

I am not saying he needs to be punished, so to speak, but he HAS to have some sort of consequence for his actions so that he is motivated to change his behaviors.

(This is all assuming he is SURELY doing the peeing on purpose and does not have some sort of medical issue causing him to have accidents.)

Yep, make it on him...

Dead pan expression: "Oh, xx I see you wet. You'll want to take care of that right away. Here's some fresh clothes. WHen you're all changed, put the wet stuff in this bag, and come PLAY"happyfacehappyface

Greenplasticwateringcans
02-18-2012, 08:07 AM
I have a child like that too. He's 4.5 and when asked to do something he doesnt want to, like clean up for lunch, wash hands, shoes on, he will most definitely pee his pants on purpose. I mention I notice and remind him where his extra clothes are and that he can come join in what ever activity we are doing after he has cleaned himself up and finished the job that he tried to get out of. He still does this so Im really at a loss about a permanent solution.