PDA

View Full Version : Don't Couples Talk Anymore?? --Vent

AmyLeigh
04-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Ugghhhh!!!!!

Yesterday at pick up, dcm1 said that dcb would be here today around 11:00, dad doesn't have to go to work til 11:30. Cool.
At 7:00 this morning, I get a text from dcm2 that dad isn't working today, so dcg will be staying home. She didn't know until 5:00am, when he didn't get up and get ready for work. Double cool. Now I have the morning off, and easy dcb for this afternoon only. He and ds play really well together. I will hardly know he is even here.
So, I take it really easy this morning. Made breakfast, hung out w/dh. Think about what errands I need to do and if I have time to squeeze in going to the gym.
Fast forward to 8:45, I am separating laundry in my room when I hear dd say "come in!" I get nervous and rush to the door. Dcb who wasn't supposed to be here til 11 is at the door with dad!!! Door was locked, blinds still closed. I opened the door, apologized that it was locked, but that dcm1 said he didn't go in until 11:30. He's all...no, 9:00.

Don't people talk? Two women didn't know if their husbands were going into work or even what time? Really??? In the day and age of texting, facebook, twitter, etc., people can find out what their bff ate for breakfast, but they don't know when their spouse is working??? I can deal with the varying day-to-day schedules, but please let me know at least the evening before....I do have a life other than sitting around waiting for you to bring precious one here. :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldn't be so irritated, but it really got under my skin today. :mad:

Solandia
04-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Maybe I am a bit jaded, but is it a super nice day out today in your area? When this happens here (starting in the spring, lol) I can bet you dollars to donuts that dad isn't working at all or 'got sent home early'...you know, a day at the lake or on the river...without the spouse knowing about it & decided that morning to drop the child earlier than planned to get a full day in and all traces of fun erased prior to mom getting home.

I hear about it a week later when their dh's paycheck is 8hrs short.

I have honestly had only ONE couple that totally had communication failures constantly, I just reminded both verbally & via text the same things so it wouldn't by MY communication failure. They were divorced a few years later.

Angelwings36
04-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Ugghhhh!!!!!

Yesterday at pick up, dcm1 said that dcb would be here today around 11:00, dad doesn't have to go to work til 11:30. Cool.
At 7:00 this morning, I get a text from dcm2 that dad isn't working today, so dcg will be staying home. She didn't know until 5:00am, when he didn't get up and get ready for work. Double cool. Now I have the morning off, and easy dcb for this afternoon only. He and ds play really well together. I will hardly know he is even here.
So, I take it really easy this morning. Made breakfast, hung out w/dh. Think about what errands I need to do and if I have time to squeeze in going to the gym.
Fast forward to 8:45, I am separating laundry in my room when I hear dd say "come in!" I get nervous and rush to the door. Dcb who wasn't supposed to be here til 11 is at the door with dad!!! Door was locked, blinds still closed. I opened the door, apologized that it was locked, but that dcm1 said he didn't go in until 11:30. He's all...no, 9:00.

Don't people talk? Two women didn't know if their husbands were going into work or even what time? Really??? In the day and age of texting, facebook, twitter, etc., people can find out what their bff ate for breakfast, but they don't know when their spouse is working??? I can deal with the varying day-to-day schedules, but please let me know at least the evening before....I do have a life other than sitting around waiting for you to bring precious one here. :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldn't be so irritated, but it really got under my skin today. :mad:

:ouch:I honestly wouldn't have accepted dcb until 11:00am. I would have said I had made plans already for the morning and couldn't accommodate him until 11:00am as I was told by dcm that he would not be here until that time. I would let dcd and dcm hash it out ha ha. I'm sure they would find time to talk over that lol.

AmyLeigh
04-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Maybe I am a bit jaded, but is it a super nice day out today in your area? When this happens here (starting in the spring, lol) I can bet you dollars to donuts that dad isn't working at all or 'got sent home early'...you know, a day at the lake or on the river...without the spouse knowing about it & decided that morning to drop the child earlier than planned to get a full day in and all traces of fun erased prior to mom getting home.

I hear about it a week later when their dh's paycheck is 8hrs short.

I have honestly had only ONE couple that totally had communication failures constantly, I just reminded both verbally & via text the same things so it wouldn't by MY communication failure. They were divorced a few years later.

Nope. It's raining today. Dcd had work clothes on. I believe they are honest with me, just don't communicate with each other. I hate when their lack of communication effects me, you know?

AmyLeigh
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
:ouch:I honestly wouldn't have accepted dcb until 11:00am. I would have said I had made plans already for the morning and couldn't accommodate him until 11:00am as I was told by dcm that he would not be here until that time. I would let dcd and dcm hash it out ha ha. I'm sure they would find time to talk over that lol.

Lol. Tempting, for sure. But I just don't have it in me to do that to Dcd.