Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parents and Guardians Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daycare Keeps AC Off Till Almost Time For Parents (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60248)

concerned 02-28-2013 04:37 AM

Daycare Keeps AC Off Till Almost Time For Parents

I have a friend who works for a local, but somewhat large for our town, daycare. Say about 120-150 kids. She noticed it getting very warm recently while at work and has made suggestions about keep the air a little cooler to the management/ownership of the daycare.

Nothing has changed recently, but she noticed one day that it got really cool in the room a half hour before parents began showing up. Earlier her little charges were napping and two of them had very wet hair from sweating. She began noticing each day that this seemed to occur almost without fail. I told her to note down times and such, and after a few weeks we came to the conclusion that the ownership of the daycare definitely keeps things warm until such time as the parents start arriving.

Several other employees have noticed this happening also. So it seems our owners want to save a buck by sweating the staff and the charges they are responsible for. Who can this be reported too? Is it even illegal?

thanks

slpender 02-28-2013 04:45 AM

I am required to keep it below 82 degrees in hot weather and above 62 degrees in cool weather i am in Florida I would check with you local licensing agency about this.

daycarediva 02-28-2013 06:10 AM

I don't have a set temperature that is regulated by the state for warmer weather, the only guideline that I am legally required to follow, is that the temperature be above 68*

with that being said, the heat is kept at 72-74* in winter, and my central air is at 76-78 in summer.

Heidi 02-28-2013 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I don't have a set temperature that is regulated by the state for warmer weather, the only guideline that I am legally required to follow, is that the temperature be above 68*

with that being said, the heat is kept at 72-74* in winter, and my central air is at 76-78 in summer.

same here...in weather above 82, I think, we are required only to provide a fan. I have central air, so I don't know the exact number, to be honest. I would never let it get that hot anyway. :rolleyes:

Unregistered 03-01-2013 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Heidi:
same here...in weather above 82, I think, we are required only to provide a fan. I have central air, so I don't know the exact number, to be honest. I would never let it get that hot anyway. :rolleyes:

Agreed with Heidi. Too hot is too much.

snbauser 03-01-2013 05:44 AM

Check your licensing regs. I am guessing if they have that many kids that they also have infants. Our regs say that the temperature in any room where infants are sleeping can not be more than 75 deg.

JenNJ 03-01-2013 07:18 AM

I must keep the temperature between 70 and 82 degrees at all times. I am also required to have proper ventilation by way of windows and fans in warm weather.

What state are you in? We can do some digging for you.

kimmills 06-18-2013 10:33 AM

Which state are you in? You need to get in touch with the licensing authority of that state and report the matter to them. This extremely hot temperatures is not acceptable.

Blackcat31 06-18-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by kimmills:
Which state are you in? You need to get in touch with the licensing authority of that state and report the matter to them. This extremely hot temperatures is not acceptable.

This thread is over 6 months old and OP has not returned since posting.