Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OMG! My Daycare Kid Is Driving Me Crazy! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41232)

permanentvacation 01-30-2012 01:49 PM

OMG! My Daycare Kid Is Driving Me Crazy!

I have had one daycare girl for 2 years now. I started watching her when she was 18 months old and she's 3 1/2 now. I really like to have kids from the time they are babies til they go to school. I don't watch school kids at the moment. I know it's not good for a child to go from daycare to daycare and I don't like having to try to advertise, do interviews, and replace them. However, this one child is driving me crazy on a daily basis! She knows all the rules here but continually does things she knows not to do constantly. She acts more like a kid that's only been here for a week or so and is still learning what is expected of her. She bosses the other kids around, takes toys from them constantly, yells at them like a DOG when they fuss for their toy back, throws temper tantrums, inturrepts me when I'm talking to ANYONE, says ALL the wrong things to the other parents for example, I just started with a new 1 year old boy today. While his mother was picking him up on the 1st day here, I told her that he did fine for his first day, he cried off and on, but overall he did fine. This particular daycare girl blurted out, "He's a crybaby!" I was like OMG!!!! I couldn't believe she said that to his mother! I know she's only 3, but you don't know how many times I have told her to not talk when I am talking to an adult - basically stay out of adult conversations. She constantly talks back, when I tell the children to sit down and be quiet and wait for the next activity, - which takes me a minute or so to get ready, she ALWAYS gets the kids to get wild. I could go on for DAYS, but you get the picture. She's been here for 2 years and is the WORST kid I have! One of my other children's dad's has mentioned that his daughter is copying this child's behavior of throwing tantrums and some other bad behaviors that he knows his daughter is copying from this paticular child. I told him that when this child misbehaves, I correct her, and put her in time out, so his daughter sees that this child's behavior in not allowed. But she's still copying it and that dad is not happy about it!

I have told her parents about her behavior. I haven't been as blunt as saying the worst kid I have to them. But I have told them at least every other day a handful of the things she does wrong here. The mother says she talks to her at home about her behavior and most mornings tells her to behave. But nothing's working to get her to behave! She's driving me crazy!

There are days that she doesn't come to daycare because one or the other parent is home. Those days are HEAVEN here! I typically have absoutely no problems with any of my other children when she is not here!

I love this little girl and really like her parents. But the child makes my day HE**!

Oh, this is the child that doesn't sleep well at all at home - has nightmares all the time.

But I don't know what to do. I'm a single mother, broke off my butt, can't afford to have her leave, but also can't afford to have her behavior and comments to other parents lose me the good kids either. What do I do to keep her and keep the others from copying her behavior and from having her be able to make inappropriate comments to parents? Or do you think I should just let her go?

permanentvacation 01-30-2012 02:02 PM

This girl is asleep AGAIN!!! They just got up from nap at 3. After the boy left at 4:30 that she informed his mother that he's a crybaby, I told her to sit at the table for a minute after I gave her a speech about calling the boy a crybaby. She is the only child left here. She put her head down on the table and was dead asleep in a couple of minutes!