Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Monday After Day Lights Savings! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28067)

E Daycare 03-14-2011 04:09 AM

Monday After Day Lights Savings!

Hope everyone is doing good with the switch. I know I could use that extra hour (or 4) of sleep today! I dont know who is having a harder time, me or my ds. lol

juliebug 03-14-2011 04:34 AM

I could use some extra sleep but my daughter is doing horid this morning I just hope we make it to school on time

AnythingsPossible 03-14-2011 04:38 AM

I always dread this day. It is usually one of the worst daycare days of the year. I always plan quiet activities, outdoor time, early lunch and early nap and work on transitioning things back to normal throughout the week.

melissa ann 03-14-2011 05:08 AM

Yesterday my 3 yr old and 6 yr old slept for 3 hours yesterday afternoon. I would have too, but my leg is still giving me pain. I hate changing the clocks. I love the extra daylight but it takes me like 2 weeks to recover from the lost hour. And it seems the old I get, the longer it takes: )

Meyou 03-14-2011 05:18 AM

I only have one child today and she's a quiet one so I'm lucky. My own kids had to be dynamited out of bed this morning though. lol

E Daycare 03-14-2011 05:22 AM

We started transitioning our son a few days before hand but I shouldve done the same for myself. Hes doing fine but Im exhausted today. I only have one dck today and my son but a afternoon interview so Im hoping I dont seem like a zombie by then.

I gave up coffee for the new year and some days I regret it. Today would be one of those days lol.

MyAngels 03-14-2011 05:31 AM

I must be lucky, it hasn't affected me or the kids at all. One little girl came in looking a bit sleepy, but she perked right up and is just fine now. Hopefully they won't hit a wall later :).

Zoe 03-14-2011 05:48 AM

It usually doesn't affect me or my kids too much, but we were so busy on Saturday getting a new car that we completely forgot about it! Normally not such a big deal but my mother and I were going to go shopping Sunday morning. So I'm still in my pj's having coffee when she shows up "an hour early" and I had no idea what was going on! :lol::lol:

My whole system has been off every since! I'm not worried about the kids, it's me who's having a hard time! :p

TBird 03-14-2011 06:03 AM

Hey I'm fine, but my DCB asked for "Quiet Time" before 9AM this morning!!! :lol:

sahm2three 03-14-2011 07:27 AM

Everyone is sooooooooooooo tired today! They are all just lying around! I am hoping it warms up quickly so we can head outside! It is still only about 40 degrees, so once it hits 50 we are outta here! I am hoping the fresh air will help! One of my little 2 yo dcb's asked me if he could go "nigh nigh". The powers that be need to just leave the time alone!!!

laundrymom 03-14-2011 09:08 AM

Im having an extra cup of coffee today for sure!!! lol,.. As an Indiana girl, we just started this whole DST thing not long ago and to be honest,.. I hate it. If there is a positive side I cant find it!!!

newtodaycare22 03-14-2011 09:32 AM

We are all doing fine here...but I dread tomorrow. When I taught in the public school system, it was never the day after vacation that was horrible-it was the SECOND day when the waking up early caught up with them again:lol:

Sunny Day 03-14-2011 09:50 AM

I'm sooooooo tired! The kids seem fine, but I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the day!