Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Daycare Closing (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25731)

kpa0627 01-20-2011 02:54 PM

Daycare Closing

okay i'm just gonna be honest. my husband and i are getting a divorce and i am moving back to where i am from. i am closing the daycare on february 25th. i need a good letter to the parents telling them that i am closing. some know my husband and i have been having problems and some don't.

sahm2three 01-20-2011 02:56 PM

No advice, just an I'm sorry. Take care of yourself!

lvt77 01-20-2011 03:36 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your situation.

I would think that just being honest about the whole situation would be the best thing. Keep it clear and simple. Let them know how hard this is for you, having to close the day care and you hope that they understand your situation. Give them as much time as possible so that they can find another provider...

again so sorry to hear this and I wish you the best of luck.

momma2girls 01-20-2011 04:04 PM

Sorry to hear this!!

missnikki 01-20-2011 04:39 PM

Good luck with your new direction!

katie 01-20-2011 05:06 PM

You don't owe a detailed personal explanation. Your private business is just that. I would say something like, I will be closing my daycare as of x date. I appreciate the opportunity to provide an important service to your family. I cherish the relationships we have built and wish you all the best of luck in the future. I would also make sure everyone pays up front so you don't get stiffed! You don't have to go into the details. If they ask afterward just say I'm moving. Best wishes to you! :)

Michael 01-20-2011 09:18 PM

We have some from older threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter

Abigail 01-20-2011 09:43 PM

I really liked most of what this said from a previous thread which I added a few things to it in ( ) to help fill in the blanks a little more. Obviously, you don't need to say that you're moving alone or getting a divorce in the letter. You can always tell them that in person if you choose to do so. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can start up again once you move.

Parent Name
Address
Town, State Zip

(Insert Date)

Our family will be (moving back to our hometown) and it is with much regret that we will be closing the daycare. Our last day of care will be on (Friday, February 25).

Should you need assistance in finding alternate care, or have any questions please feel free to contact me.

We have enjoyed the company of (names of children), and will miss their smiling faces! We wish you and your family all the best and hope that we can keep in touch! (You could add that you'll be happy to be a reference for future care arrangements too).

Sincerely,

Caregiver name
Daycare Business Name

Missani 01-21-2011 11:53 AM

I'm sorry! It's not an easy si!tuation at all, and having to close the daycare and let the parents know makes it more difficult. Good luck to you

cillybean83 01-21-2011 12:10 PM

i agree, just tell them what you are comfortable with them knowing, it isn't your business that you are getting divorced or moving, just simply tell them that due to personal reasons you will be closing effective *** date and leave it at that, if they are decent people they won't push you for details.

i'm sorry about the divorce, my husband and i have been to that point as well so if you ever need to talk feel free to pm me anytime *hugs*

cillybean83 01-21-2011 12:11 PM

i meant it isn't THEIR business...sorry

jen 01-21-2011 12:13 PM

I agree with the others, you don't need to provide any personal information. If they ask, you can just say I've decided to go in another direction. End of story.

On a personal note, I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. Here is to new opportunities!