Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Daycare Name Suggestions?! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30315)

Christina72684 05-09-2011 08:16 PM

Daycare Name Suggestions?!

I'm opening my daycare in 4 weeks and still have no name! :( I don't want the word "kid" in the title because almost all the daycares around me have it and I want to be different. I don't want to spell words wrong, like "Kountry Kids" or "Lil Tots" because I'm an educator and I think teaching children the wrong way to spell just to have a cute name isn't right. I want the name to show that we aren't just babysitting and putting the children in front a television all day, we will be teaching them and letting them learn while having fun at the same time.

So, what are your suggestions? I'd like a cute slogan/tag line to go with the title if you have any suggestions for that as well. Oh, also I'd like something that has a picture that goes with it, i.e. "Little Cubs Daycare" could have a couple of bear cubs playing.

I'd really appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Michael 05-09-2011 10:04 PM

Make sure you can also register the domain name of your daycare. Is KountryKidsDaycare.com or KountryKids.com available?

melskids 05-10-2011 03:30 AM

maybe play off of the name of your street, or last name, or the area you live in.

where i used to live there was

acorns to oaks
cinnamon tree
walnut acres
bright beginnings
"last name" family childcare and learning center
blue cottage childcare (she lives in a blue cottage)

and of course, a ton of the "cutsy" names.....

i am on top of a mountain, literally:rolleyes: so i am

mountaintop family childcare

GretasLittleFriends 05-10-2011 06:12 AM

My old daycare when I lived in Oregon was "Lets Be Friends Daycare". She had a classic Winnie the Pooh and Piglet pic. I thought that was cute. When I picked my name, I used my first name because I didn't expect to have issues with it. Mine is Greta's Little Friends Daycare and I have a picture of children playing. There happens to be a dog with the children in the picture which works well since we have pets too.

AnythingsPossible 05-10-2011 08:00 AM

Building Blocks Childcare; Commited to building a strong foundation for your childs future. Picture of a,b,c blocks or legos/wood blocks

Home Away From Home; Comfort and Care of your child in our loving home enviroment. Picture of two homes with a path in between.

GretasLittleFriends 05-10-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Christina72684:
because I'm an educator and I think teaching children the wrong way to spell just to have a cute name isn't right. I want the name to show that we aren't just babysitting and putting the children in front a television all day, we will be teaching them and letting them learn while having fun at the same time.

Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Building Blocks Childcare; Commited to building a strong foundation for your childs future. Picture of a,b,c blocks or legos/wood blocks

Home Away From Home; Comfort and Care of your child in our loving home enviroment. Picture of two homes with a path in between.

Ooh, you're good! I think the first one goes well with the point she made in her post. I love the creativity in this forum!

tulip1969 05-10-2011 09:29 AM

Foundations childcare

kcnjason 05-10-2011 01:32 PM

Childcare names

I thought about the name "Punk'n Patch" but I am always afraid people will think the name is corny or tacky. I want something that will be cute and catchy as well but nothing way out there. I saw a sign of a childcare, "Tiny Hiny's" which is pretty cute:)

Abigail 05-10-2011 03:52 PM

Little Learners and have the L's larger/bolder or have one big L and ittle on the top and earners on the bottom so they share the first letter. Then have ABC and 123 blocks

nicslittlebugs 05-12-2011 09:25 AM

hello, also make sure it is something your county will let you use...I wanted to use Nic Nac's Daycare and they said I couldnt use nic or nac because they are not words in the dictionary.....we went with Little Bugs Daycare instead....(we couldnt even do Lil bugs...lol) Good luck I know the name thing drove me nuts!;)

Unregistered 02-29-2012 08:28 AM

in need of help

Im looking to open a home day care but having some trouble completeing my name. I have Learning Station Clid Care but i feel its incomplete. Anyone have ideas I could put before the Learning Station?

DaisyMamma 03-01-2012 06:26 PM

"Name of your town" Day Care

Sunchimes 03-01-2012 06:43 PM

I don't know if you plan on getting a Yellow Pages ad, but here is something to think about if you do.

My husband,and later my son, picked company names that started with a A. This put them first in the yellow pages listings. No idea if it worked, but they've both been in business a long, long time.

blessingsbunch 03-01-2012 09:05 PM

We have a Bright Beginings here and they use bright crayons for their logo. Also, Kiddy Patch, Amazing Grace, Little Blessings:D

Springdaze 03-02-2012 08:14 AM

Mine is Building Blocks Preschool with of course blocks. I worked at one named Bring Em Young. cute but my friends dad made alot of Michael Jackson jokes cuz that was going on at that time!

Sugar Magnolia 03-02-2012 11:41 AM

May sound silly, but try names that start with A or B, that way on lists you will be close to the top. I also like what Melskids said about place names. I have a place name, but it starts with an S, so I am always way down there in the phone book and ccrr lists.

Unregistered 08-01-2013 09:46 PM

I am in this same predicament....

So I put it to a contest with my parents for a week of free tuition...

So far the best ideas are Little Hands & Feet
The Dove's Nest
Friends Academy

Starburst 08-02-2013 12:00 AM

IK this is an old post, so I'm disregarding the old comments and only responding to the most resent question (plus I love coming up with business names).

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am in this same predicament....

So I put it to a contest with my parents for a week of free tuition...

So far the best ideas are Little Hands & Feet
The Dove's Nest
Friends Academy

You also want to make sure you make sure the name you want to use isn't registered by anyone else in your state before you finalize it.

My thoughts on those:
Little Hands & Feet- cute but is a very common daycare name.
The Dove's Nest- I really like it, it's uncommon and you can have a dove, bird, or nature theme with it (I'm known on this sight for liking themes :rolleyes:).
Friends Academy- Short and Cute, it expresses that you teach academics as well as social skills. Just a thought- sometimes parents get too chummy when they see you as their "friend" instead of a business owner and start expecting special treatment, also when kids see adults as their friends they take you less seriously.

Out of those I really like The Dove's Nest. If you are looking for some other suggestions (and want to avoid giving a free week of child care :ouch:) here are some other ones, I am not sure of your name or where you live so I'll do my best. I may use variations of your chosen favorites (and some other options on education related titles):

Love Dove (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Dove (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Hands and Feet (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Charming Hearts (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Brilliant Minds (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Brilliant Hearts (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Lucky Ducks (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Dream to Achieve (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Dare to Dream (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Over the Moon (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Above and Beyond (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Out Of This World (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Destiny (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
Eternal Knowledge (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)
The Tree of Knowledge (Academy/Institute/Tech/Child Care)

If you plan on registering your name (maybe even if you don't), I would pick a few name you really like- in case that business name is taken/claimed.

Please consider being a board member of the forum and joining the 'Provider's In Training' group for new FCCPs, both are free.

Denise 09-07-2013 04:09 PM

I'm thinking of going with:

An Apple A Day Child Care (with an image of an apple of course) This will put us at the beginning of the phone book and promotes a positive, healthy environment :)