Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Provider in Kansas (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41295)

SamanthaMerkle 01-31-2012 02:18 PM

New Provider in Kansas

Hi Everyone! I've come across the forums a few times while looking up daycare topics... now that I'll be caring for kids soon, I thought it would be nice to join a community. I've been licensed since September, but chose to wait to open until after the New Year. We had extended house guests who were transitioning between homes and lots to do over the holidays..

At this point I've put myself on house arrest until I get all the paper portion of the daycare ready and get meal plans ready for the first month. The paper part to cover myself is more work than I anticipated! I'm trying to leave no loose ends just in case :)

I just saw the page about the webinar coming up soon, and I think I'll definitely be signing up for that.

I look forward to sharing the daycare experience with all of you!

Sam

Blackcat31 01-31-2012 02:53 PM

Welcome! :Sunny:

Michael 01-31-2012 05:22 PM

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

wash 02-01-2012 11:33 AM

welcome Sam I too am from Kansas and have been in home daycae for several years. Did you see our new regulations that will take effect Feb 3rd?

jenn 02-01-2012 06:55 PM

I am from KS also. I heard that CPR will now be a requirement. How long do we have to get that training? What other changes are there?

wash 02-02-2012 12:48 PM

http://www.kdheks.gov/bcclr/download...ry_19_2012.pdf

effective as of tomorrow and you will have 1 yr. to complete any training you need

Countrygal 02-02-2012 01:11 PM

WElcome! Hope you love this place as much as I do!

SamanthaMerkle 02-02-2012 09:27 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

wash- thanks for the heads up on the new daycare regulations! I managed to read through part of them on my phone, but will have to print them out and thoroughly read through them tomorrow. My whole family has been down and out with a stomach virus for the last couple of days so nothing has been accomplished recently :(

In order to get my license I had to be CPR/First Aid certified and have 15 hours of training, though I noticed there are more specific training guidelines now. I'm in the ACCYN program, so I'll have to ask about how that corresponds with the KDHE required training and getting my CDA.

wash 02-03-2012 09:38 AM

KDHE to Host Live Twitter Chat on Changes for Kansas Daycares Friday
>
>
>
> Childcare regulation experts will answer questions, Tweet changes related to Lexie’s Law
>
>
>
> TOPEKA, Kan. – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) is hosting a live twitter chat this Friday at 3 p.m. to answer questions about Lexie’s Law and the changes involving child care facilities. Lexie’s Law was passed in 2010, and the latest provisions go into effect on Friday, Feb. 3.
>
>
>
> By logging onto www.twitter.com, following @KDHE and using the hashtag #KSdaycare, Kansans can ask questions about the new and amended regulations for licensed day care homes, group day care homes, child care centers and preschools.
>
>
>
> “It’s important for childcare providers and parents to understand the changes affecting the care of Kansas children,” explained Robert Moser, M.D., Kansas Department of Health and Environment Secretary and State Health Officer. “We are committed making sure those affected by the law are informed, and this Twitter chat can serve as just one of the mediums available in answering questions.”
>
>
>
> If you’re not already on Twitter, here's how to get started:
>
>
>
> · Create an account at Twitter.com.
>
> · Search for our account, which is @KDHE, and start following the us.
>
> · On Friday at 3 p.m., visit Twitter.com and search for #KSdaycare. Save your search and you will be able to view real-time results of the chat.
>
> · To join the conversation, tweet your question or comment and include the hashtag #KSdaycare in your tweet. Make sure the entire question or comment, including hashtag, is 140 characters or less.
>
> · Refresh your page. You will be able to see your question appear in the conversation as well as the Tweets posted by @KDHE.
>
>
>
> Information about Lexie’s Law, including a copy of the Kansas Register and the Implementation Plan, is available at www.kdheks.gov/kidsnet.
>

DCBlessings27 04-19-2012 07:56 AM

KS Providers

KS Providers: How are all of you doing in being in compliance with the new regulations, especially the ones that are to be in compliance starting May 1st?

I just changed my baby gate at the top of the stairs to one with bars instead of accordion. I still need to write my supervision plan and run it by my surveyor. I'll take some classes now and leave some after my October renewal to make sure I have all the training by Feb 2013.

I've read the regulations inside and out, so if anyone has questions just let me know.

kayleighbailey 08-13-2012 07:10 PM

hello!!!!!

Hi i'm Kayleigh and i was looking to get some information on daycare in Kansas. I'm very interested in becoming a daycare provider.

Blackcat31 08-14-2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by kayleighbailey:
Hi i'm Kayleigh and i was looking to get some information on daycare in Kansas. I'm very interested in becoming a daycare provider.

Info for your state: :)

https://www.daycare.com/kansas/

DCBlessings27 08-14-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by kayleighbailey:

Kayleigh, the information from the daycare.com hasn't been updated. If you register here, send me a private message. I can help out with any questions you have. To review the regulations for KS, http://www.kdheks.gov/bcclr/index.html is the link.