Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parents and Guardians Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thank Your Or Goodbye Note (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270)

Unregistered 04-27-2008 02:05 PM

Thank Your Or Goodbye Note

Having trouble getting started on a thank you/goodbye letter. Although I know I don't need to, I would like to write a letter to my current babysitter as a follow up to a verbal notice that my child will no longer be attending daycare. I basically want to say thank you & that I've had no problems, service has been great, if she needs to use me as a recomendation etc & now we're moving on.

Michael 04-28-2008 08:28 PM

How to Write A Thank You Letter To Your Babysitter or Daycare Provider

Some pointers:

1. Greet the Giver
2. Express Your Gratitude
3. Discuss Services Rendered
4. Mention the Past, Allude to the Future
5. Grace
6. Regards

Unregistered 05-01-2008 01:17 PM

Thank you very much for your response.

pingaa3 05-11-2008 04:44 PM

Letter of Recommendation

Another thing that would be a nice thank you is to phase it as a thank you/ recommendation letter. It's always nice to know if other parents were happy and had to leave for other reasons. What a nice thank you to provide a letter of recommendation too!

Inga
Parent and Daycare Provider

Unregistered 02-13-2009 11:32 AM

Late response

In case someone else finds this post looking for help like I did, here is what I am writing to my soon-to-be-ex daycare. She's an in-home daycare and her whole family is involved a lot of the time. I hope to be able to still keep her as a backup when the one we're moving to is closed - we had to move to help with our commutes and our second baby. We may come back to her if she's open when the 2nd baby gets older so I tried to leave the door open if she's OK with it. I bought her a Willow Tree figurine and put $100 in the Thank You card as a going away tip of sorts. We have tipped her $50 each Christmas which I always worried wasn't enough since she bought DS a very nice gift each Christmas and each birthday as well as a small birthday party for each kid on their special days.

Dear DC -
Please accept our thanks for everything you have done for DS during the last two years. We know he will miss you immensely - you have treated him like family and he has loved being here in your home. We hope to still be able to have DS come by occasionally if your space permits. Please feel free to use us as a reference, we have been very happy in our time with you.
Signed Us
Our ph #

Good luck with your own letter :).

GretasLittleFriends 02-19-2009 04:49 PM

My former daycare lady took care of my daughter from age 6 to age 9. I moved away from her so my daughter went to another daycare in the school district we were in, however, I kept my infant son there. He spent the first three years of his life with her. My work schedule was such that he was with her 13 hrs a day for three or four days a week. She was basically his other mom.

When I decided to move out of that state completely it was a very exciting time for my family, but it saddened her greatly to see my little guy go. I wanted to give her something special to remember the kids by but I didn't have a lot of money. I decided to make a small (6x6 or 8x8) scrapbook of the years my kids were in her care. Needless to say it teared her up a bit, but she thought it was an incredible idea.

partnersaj 08-27-2012 07:38 AM

Thank you to daycare

My daughter is entering Kindergarden and has been with this daycare since she was 18 months. I looked at several websites... (CNN.com had the same info also) and it tells you how much to tip the staff. I also had my daughter give a gift as well. She (mostly myself) made a large container of different chocolate molds. (this way they other kids can have some too.) My daughter was very proud and excited in giving this gift as well.

I am working on a letter to the staff. I haven't written it yet.

Below is what I wrote the daycare as a reference when my daughter was 2 years old.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel so comfortable knowing my daughter is in good hands at Miss. Emma's (leaving blank)Childcare Inc. Miss. Emma really cares for the kids she watches and she has wonderful certified assistants that help her throughout the day. She follows a strict protocol to insure all the kids’ safety. In addition, Miss. Emma runs her program like a pre-school. The kids learn so much – respect, manners, speaking, writing and dexterity skills all while they are having fun. She follows the “Mother Goose” curriculum throughout the school year and keeps the parents updated on his/her child. Just to name a few things, my daughter learned about the rain forest and the animals in them. She learned about the environment and the importance in keeping our planet clean. My daughter told me about different ways to “travel” and how to recycle. She knows the alphabet and she can count to 20. Miss. Emma is always having them color, sing, exercise, write, use the computer and participate in crafts. My child is always bringing home crafts that she did during the day. She is only 2 1/2 years old!

During the summer, Miss. Emma has them participate in lots of fun activities. She has a play ground on the premises which is safe for the kids. They have picnics, use a water slide and a water box, they have quiet time where they read books, color and the list goes on.

I can’t speak highly enough about Miss. Emma’s child care services. She is truly an exemplary woman who takes her job seriously. She is well loved by the students and parents.

I thank Miss. Emma for watching my child as if she were her own and for giving my child quality educational experiences she will benefit from. I have confidence my daughter is well taken care of while I work a full time job.

partnersaj 08-27-2012 08:13 AM

Goodbye letter to daycare

My husband and I, sincerely appreciate the wonderful care you have given our daughter, K. We never have to worry about her because we know that she is always having a great day. You provide her with a safe environment which is very important to us. Your daycare is the perfect size because we feel she got the attention she needs to grow emotionally. In addition, we are very happy in all that she has learned before entering kindergarten. Our expectations have been exceeded with the level of care she has received from your establishment.

I cannot thank you and your staff enough for the long hours you put in everyday to care for our daughter. I will continue to recommend your daycare to other parents. Please feel free to use us as a reference.
Sincerely,