Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are You Expecting? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23393)

kitkat 11-22-2010 10:53 AM

Are You Expecting?

It seems like babies are coming out of the woodwork! Just curious to see who is expecting. If you are expecting, please add which baby this is for you, when you are due, and anything else you'd like to share.

This is baby #3 for me. I'm due in early March. We are not going to find out the sex of the baby. It's killing me not knowing, but I want it to be a surprise at delivery. We did not find out for DS (he's 6), but we did for DD (2). It's a surprise both ways, but it's a long wait.

KEG123 11-22-2010 10:55 AM

I'm not...that I know of.... but I can cross my fingers eh? I'll be testing in about a week. :P

kitkat 11-22-2010 10:57 AM

Good luck with your test! That week waiting can feel like an eternity.

KEG123 11-22-2010 10:59 AM

Ha, thanks! I'm also super paranoid because I had a m/c in May...

SilverSabre25 11-22-2010 01:14 PM

I'm expecting number 2, due on Memorial Day--five weeks after my sister who's due with #3 on Easter!

Good luck KEG123!

kendallina 11-22-2010 01:15 PM

I'm testing in about a week too! Good luck

Yay for babies!!

MommyMuffin 11-22-2010 01:34 PM

I'm 4 weeks pregnant with #2! Due july 31. I'm not telling family yet cuz my aunt is having her first due feb and I don't want any attention until she has her boy.
My husband just passed out at home and we rushed him to er and had to call dc parents to get the kids...I'm a mess! I am praying that I don't get so worked up that I miscarry! Wish me good luck!

AfterSchoolMom 11-22-2010 01:58 PM

Mommymuffin, hope your dh is ok, and that you're ok too! Keep us posted.

You testers - I hope you get the results that you want. That "two week wait" will drive you crazy!

My hubby and I are in negotiations for #3. We'll see. My other two are older, so it'd be like starting from scratch at this point.

GretasLittleFriends 11-22-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I'm 4 weeks pregnant with #2! Due july 31. I'm not telling family yet cuz my aunt is having her first due feb and I don't want any attention until she has her boy.
My husband just passed out at home and we rushed him to er and had to call dc parents to get the kids...I'm a mess! I am praying that I don't get so worked up that I miscarry! Wish me good luck!

That's a great day to have a baby!! (Its my bday)

We just had our #3. Well not just, she is almost 7 months now. I have a dc mom due in March...

SandeeAR 11-22-2010 04:13 PM

At 51, I better NOT be!!!!! My DH would have a heart attack! :lol:

Francine 11-22-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by SandeeAR:

I was thinking the same thing:lol: We have our 22 yr old daughter, her fiance and our 16 year old daughter living here, we are looking for people to leave:lol:

laundrymom 11-22-2010 06:14 PM

lol,.. my husband and I keep trying,.. lol. but I think something about that surgery I had in 01,.. has something to do with our failed attempts. Oh well, we will keep trying anyway.

QualiTcare 11-22-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
lol,.. my husband and I keep trying,.. lol. but I think something about that surgery I had in 01,.. has something to do with our failed attempts. Oh well, we will keep trying anyway.

i had surgery and i picked up a pregnancy test tonight bc i keep having weird feelings and being exhausted even when i don't do anything...it could be paranoia from watching that show "i didn't know i was pregnant!" i think the odds of failed surgery is like 1 in 500.

my husband always says i shouldn't have done it and i'm like oooh yes i should've. if i ever get the urge for another, there are plenty that need to be adopted!

MommyMuffin 11-23-2010 04:25 AM

Off topic but yesterday after husband passed out on me, we went to er and found out my husband has diabetes and was dehydrated. He is only 27:mad: At least he is okay though, it was so scary. I do have so much to be thankful for this thanksgiving!!!
And I am soooo excited to be pregnant!

kitkat 11-23-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by SandeeAR:

I had to laugh! :lol:

Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Off topic but yesterday after husband passed out on me, we went to er and found out my husband has diabetes and was dehydrated. He is only 27:mad: At least he is okay though, it was so scary. I do have so much to be thankful for this thanksgiving!!!
And I am soooo excited to be pregnant!

MommyMuffin: I'm glad you were able to find out what was wrong with DH, not that diabetes is a good thing, but at least you were able to get an answer. I'm sure it's going to be a bumpy road for awhile, but hopefully the baby can be a happy distraction!

melskids 11-23-2010 08:47 AM

i'm not. daycare has been the best birth control for me. lucky for me, everytime i get the "urge" another momma gets pregnant.:ouch: (i would really love more, i just have terribly hard pregnancies, and just dont want to do it again)

i have two preggo mommas right now, only a month apart from each other, so come spring, i will have my hands full!!!

congrats to all of you who are pregnant, and good luck to those who are trying!!!!!:)

missnikki 11-23-2010 08:50 AM

Like I always say when people ask (I just got married 1 1/2 years ago) No thanks, I already have 25 kids any given day. There's no room for more.

JJPlaycare 11-23-2010 09:44 AM

I am due with # 3 in approximately 4 weeks, due date of Dec. 21! :D We are extemely excited and can hardly wait! I am one crazy nesting head around here, pretty sure it is driving my hubby batty! :lol: My oldest Zoe will be 6 Dec. 13 and Ava will be 4 Jan. 9. We didn't find out what we are having, just as we were surprised with the two girls, so in just a few short weeks we will have another surprise! Everyone is telling me I am having a boy, just as they did with my 2 previous pregnancies and I have two beautiful little girls! Not sure what we are having, the health is all that matters anyhow! My husband on the other hand says if it is another girl he is moving into the garage! :lol: Thought he lived there already???!!!:eek: Seems like it the majority of the time anyhow, I guess I can't blame him since even our dog is female!! Well I will keep you guys posted and good luck to all who are expecting, trying and anticipating!! :)

MarinaVanessa 11-23-2010 10:52 AM

I'm not expecting anymore but I did give birth to child #2 two weeks ago. My first was a girl (she'll be six next month) and I'm already back at work. I was made to make babies :lol:. I gave birth on Wed the 10th and wanted to go home that same day, they made me wait until Fri the 12th to go home. I was livid lol. I came home and was already going crazy with nothing to do so I re-opened last Thurs (the 18th). Basically I was closed for 1 week.

The baby is great which is a blessing. He's a grump-a-lump when he's moved while sleeping but otherwise he's a doll. Not afraid of loud noises. Wakes up every other feeding for about an hour and wants to looky-loo, hardly ever cries (not always a good thing as I have to constantly check his diaper to see if it's dirty because he doesn't cry after he potty's), wakes up only twice during the night and on a schedule etc. I wish for babies like mine for all of you ladies that are expecting :D.