Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Really concerned (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34781)

Unregistered 09-22-2011 04:35 AM

Really concerned

I don't sleep well at night since my 7 month old wakes up quite frequently so I usually get up and get a drink, well last night thats what I did at 1:30 and this is what I witnessed. My neighbor who I babysit for racing around town in her bf mustang. I know not that big of a deal. The car is very loud so after a few minutes of listening to it I got up again and looked and the mom was on the porch going inside then coming back out and getting back in the car, they left and went up the road but it was a road that was recently washed out so I was a little curious (nosey) as to where they were going. They came back 2 or 3 minutes later with construction cones sticking out of the sun roof and continued cruising up and down the roads with no real purpose for over 45 minutes. This is why I am concerned, mom picked up kids from me yesterday, today is youngest daughters first day of school and mom to a half day to get her off to school. I may be jumping to conclusions but mom has gone through a definate change since seperating from dad and I wouldn't put it past her if she got drinking to think leaving her two daughters by themselves while they drove around town was ok. I think I am going to ask dcg when she gets here after school who she stayed with last night just incase dad came to pick them up for some strange reason, but if she says mom what do I do then? They are 6 and 3 and that is just ridiculous. I worry about these girls constantly. I asked older daughter if mommy was sad that her sister was starting school and she said no mommys happy because she doesn't want to deal with us because we are getting crazy because there isn't as much to do at mommys as there is daddys. I really hope I am wrong, I have to be what parent would do something like this.

Meeko 09-22-2011 06:27 AM

I would be concerned too. I agree....ask the dcg whether she was at home last night. If she says yes...then something is very wrong. I seriously doubt that the mom had a friend come over to babysit just so she could drive up and down the road.

It also sounds like there is a possibility she could have have been drunk or high while driving (most folks don't just take orange cones on a whim)....so even if the kids were either away at their dad's or being watched by an adult at the house......there is the possibility that the mom was driving while intoxicated.

Unregistered 09-22-2011 06:46 AM

Mom wasn't driving, her new boyfriend was but he was arrested for drugs in august, so this makes me wonder about the crazy behavior. Also mom use to babysit and stopped after she put herself into rehab for drinking, I know because she watched my kids. I think the rehab stint was all a ploy for attention because she calls up crying saying she has to get herself better checks in and checks out that same night. Now that she has new bf she is out at the bars every weekend she doesn't have the girls hence my concern for them.
I don't want to be nosey and I have so far done nothing but be nosey since I stood in my window hiding watching last nights activities so I will ask dcg see what the scoop is and leave it at that if she was at dads, or maybe she was up at grandmas (I hope).

Unregistered 09-22-2011 07:32 AM

Well won't get to ask dcg today because mom has taken the full day off instead of only half

sharlan 09-22-2011 08:00 AM

Because she is your neighbor and I'm sure you don't want a confrontation, next time you see her leave and you suspect the kids are alone, CALL the POLICE anonymously.

Years ago, I had a neighbor that was taking off to the bars after putting the kids to bed. The eldest was 11. She came home one night to find the eldest vomiting blood from a bleeding ulcer. You would have thought that she would have thought twice next time. NOPE! It ended when I threatened to call the police on her.

laundrymom 09-22-2011 08:01 AM

If it happens again I would call police. Tell them your neighbor is acting out of character, that she's driving up and down the street very fast and her preschool children are more than likely left home alone.

Unregistered 09-22-2011 08:10 AM

I really was considering calling the cops last night just due to the unsafe behavior they were exhibiting. I don't like confrontation, what person does. Both mom and boyfriend are home today so I am sure they are sleeping off what ever they had in their system. I couldn't imagine ever thinking about leaving my children alone at any age younger then 13 and that would only be during the day not at night. We live in a scary world that to much could happen in.