Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why Do Employers Say At The End Of The Interview We Will Let You Know Next Week (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44032)

TGPII 04-02-2012 06:29 AM

Why Do Employers Say At The End Of The Interview We Will Let You Know Next Week

:Sunny:Why do employers say at the end of the interview we will let you know next week. You send a follow up next week comes and you hear nothing. I know you/they are busy but don't say things you don't mean.

Also, I apply for a job I always call potential employers by there last name. However potential employers almost always call me by my first name. Is this normal for today's world?

Unregistered 04-02-2012 06:54 AM

I applied for a job last year. I had 2 interviews and was told i would find out by the end of the week. either way they said. I would have had to close my daycare, find childcare for my kids, and possibly not go on my family vacation. I was so stressed and when I called, they said they had not made a decision yet. I never heard from them! thanks alot! probably wouldnt have wanted to work there anyway after that!

godiva83 04-02-2012 07:36 AM

Usually when I hired employees it all depended on the amount of interviewees I had. I would either say, " I will contact you by this date if you are the successful candidate, if you don't hear from myself by then I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors."

Or

If I only had a few I would contact all whom I interviewed... Sometimes it is nice to get that feedback or know why they weren't chosen for the position.

TGPII 04-14-2012 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by godiva83:
Usually when I hired employees it all depended on the amount of interviewees I had. I would either say, " I will contact you by this date if you are the successful candidate, if you don't hear from myself by then I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors."

Or

If I only had a few I would contact all whom I interviewed... Sometimes it is nice to get that feedback or know why they weren't chosen for the position.

I am not upset about not getting the job, I am more upset they said either way they let me know. This is not good for customer relations. :confused::(

AfterSchoolMom 04-14-2012 09:03 PM

I just wanted to ask, are you talking about non daycare related jobs, or are you interviewing to work in a center or at someone else's daycare?

If you are, then I can't tell you how many jobs I've interviewed for and never heard another word from them again. I definitely agree that if they say they're going to call you one way or the other, then they should.

If you're talking about families that YOU interview for daycare spots in your own business, then...

potential families are NOT employers. ;) (I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant, but felt the need to put it out there.)

ETA: Sorry, just saw your other posts about job interviews. I guess I answered my own question!

TGPII 04-16-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I applied for a job last year. I had 2 interviews and was told i would find out by the end of the week. either way they said. I would have had to close my daycare, find childcare for my kids, and possibly not go on my family vacation. I was so stressed and when I called, they said they had not made a decision yet. I never heard from them! thanks alot! probably wouldnt have wanted to work there anyway after that!

I hear you. I:mad:n today's job market employers have the upper hand. We need laws on what employers can and say in an interview. Treat me wrong in an interview? Not good for future customer relations.

TGPII 04-16-2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I just wanted to ask, are you talking about non daycare related jobs, or are you interviewing to work in a center or at someone else's daycare?

If you are, then I can't tell you how many jobs I've interviewed for and never heard another word from them again. I definitely agree that if they say they're going to call you one way or the other, then they should.

If you're talking about families that YOU interview for daycare spots in your own business, then...

potential families are NOT employers. ;) (I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant, but felt the need to put it out there.)

ETA: Sorry, just saw your other posts about job interviews. I guess I answered my own question!

I am talking about getting a job. I am talking about getting a job at a center. Customers can be an employer cause they pay your bills! lol :eek:

AfterSchoolMom 04-17-2012 04:30 AM

Yes, I already clarified that I figured out what you meant and agreed with you (about the interviews, at least...). likethis

How's the search going? I hope you're able to find something soon!

TGPII 04-18-2012 11:10 AM

Yes, I already clarified that I figured out what you meant and agreed with you (about the interviews, at least...). likethis

You want my resume? :confused:

TGPII 04-18-2012 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by TGPII:
You want my resume? :confused:

What did I do wrong? I get sent an email that your mad at me?