View Single Post
Daycarelady1979 06:01 PM 08-02-2012
I had a dcg tell her mom SEVERAL times over the 4 years I took care of her that I put soap in her mouth. The mom asked me about it & I said no, absolutely not. She continued to bring her here. The little girl would say it over & over and I kept telling her saying things like that wasn't nice & she could get me in trouble for saying things that aren't TRUE. Nothing really ever became of it.

I did have a situation once where a daycare mom thought her child had been bitten in my care (child was too young to talk) & it was a HUGE ordeal. Very painful, scary, emotional...the family went off the deep end & started rumors about me on facebook & called the local resource & referral agency I'm registered with & made a complaint. They even convinced another family to stop coming here. It was HORRIBLE. I still have anxiety about it I tried to hold my head up high & let people know that I am a professional & those "bites" certainly never happened while in my care. I ended up going to court with the 2nd family that left. Super long story...but it was an awful situation to be in, mostly because I knew it was a false accusation. It just about ruined my business & my self-esteem at the same time. I'm just thankful I had God (and the truth) on my side & those people eventually left me alone.

Good luck to you in whatever you choose! Just don't forget to hold your head high & be proud of the business you are running