View Single Post
nannyde 01:11 PM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You know almost all employers require that their employees submit to a drug test and even random drug testing, so as a parent, though I am a private employer, I am still an employer and my children are the most important product no matter what. Why shouldn't I be able to drug test my babysitter or nanny? I was searching for information about the subject, because my husband and I are both in the Military and I think as long as I state my intentions in the interview and have the babysitter sign a consent form it is my right as a parent to want the best for my children while I'm at work. I did find a website that had some useful information for parents and even helped my find a full time babysitter as i just became resigned to a new base. It also provided me with a website to download a basic consent form and really good information about drug testing.
You can just never be to careful
If you pay unemployment insurance then you can decide to drug test as a condition of employment. I doubt too many self employed people would agree to what you believe is "best interest".

I'm wondering if you came just to promote that site?

The biggest drug problem in child care is infants, toddlers, and preschoolers being brought to child care with advil or tylenol to mask fevers. If you want to go after "best interst" go after that one first.