View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 06:11 AM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.
My kids get sick all the time... all kids get sick. It's not an issue of blame until I get a defensive provider. Such as the provider I had who took my children to another provider's home one day (this was cleared through me beforehand) and my kids wound up with lice. At the time, my children were the only two in her care and I was working so much that the only exposure to the outside world that the kids had was in her care. I wound up losing my job because my children had LICE and not only were not allowed back for three weeks, but this woman expected me to pay for that time. At first, it was only my daughter who had lice when I was called at work to pick them up. I did everything, treated her, my son and myself, treated my whole house. After one week, I brought the kids back and she came out to the curb in plastic gloves to check the kids' heads and said she found nits... I had cut my daughter's hair and checked every inch of both of their heads and I hadn't seen ANYTHING. This woman proceeded to tell me that I was dirty and that my home must be dirty and the lice must be breeding in my carpet. I didn't jump to blaming the provider until she did all of this... Initially all I did was smile and tell her I was sorry and took my kids home and spent HOURS taking care of the problem. I honestly think that she had just decided that she didn't want to run a daycare out of her home anymore.

Yes, there are parents who cast unfounded blame on providers, but there are also providers who make mistakes.