Thread: Transportation
View Single Post
kitkat 05:01 PM 09-14-2009
I've always provide my own car seats or booster seats when I transport the kids, but I also don't transport as many as you have. Personally, I would just buy the seats that you need and not worry about asking parents to leave theirs. I know it's a chunk of change, but you can claim it as an expense on your taxes.

I have the booster seats with the harness. That way if a kid is too small or not old enough for the seatbelt yet, I can use the harness, but it can also be used for a kid who needs the seatbelt. By having my own seats I can install them the night before we are going some where and don't have to do that with the kids around, which is safer. I'm not sure how old your kids are, but if they are using a seatbelt w/booster, I'd stick them in the back of your suburban and hopefully you won't have to crawl in to help. Kids who need help with a belt or need to be harnessed in a seat would be easier to get in/out if they are in the middle section.

Whatever you decide to do, just make sure you completely understand your state's child restraint laws and have everyone in the proper seat.