View Single Post
Mom2Two 03:53 PM 04-03-2017
Yeah, I agree with all the above. And as I am thinking about it...I am realizing that no matter how big a non-refundable deposit was, it's no substitute for an on-going family.

I have actually charged hourly for the whole 4.5 years I've been doing daycare. The reason is that we've had a lot of demands in our family life with different things, and it's been a real squeeze for me to work at all. So part-time families have been great. But things are a bit more stable for us now, and I'm transitioning to working at daycare being more of a full-time profession for me rather than wanting bare-minimum earnings.

One of the things that really bites with this family is that the last time there was a schedule change, it was because they were trying out a different daycare part-time (still with me on Fridays), because it was close to where dcb would be starting kinder. Okay, fine. But then they didn't like it. There were so many SA kids and they didn't separate ages, so the dcg3 was getting pushed around and dcb4 was learning crude words etc.

So they came back and I felt like my great program and group of children was being recognized and appreciated. So I offered to transport dcb as well as my other two who are starting K in Fall. I worked out insurance for all this. And now she's going to give nanny-sharing a shot. Grrrr! Finding good care is NOT easy!!!!