View Single Post
canadiancare 06:39 AM 08-16-2013
Nearly 3yo DCG needs constant reminders of the next step in our daily routine. She has been with me over 2 years and we are pretty well written in stone how we do things. She has begun to use the toilet but I can't just say "go pee" to her or I would find her in the bathroom standing in front of the toilet.

Today I told her "pull down your pants, sit down and pee" and I walked away to greet another child. I went back to check and she was standing there with her pants down. I then said "sit down and pee" and found her still sitting, and had to do step by step for "pull up your pants, flush the toilet, turn on the water, wash your hands, turn off the water, dry your hands, return to the playroom"

I have photo cues at each station and all the other children just do their thing but she doesn't.

I know toileting is new to her but she is the same with every daily routine. One step at a time and doesn't move on to next step without direct instruction to do so.

She can't handle "get ready to go outside" she needs to be told "get your shoes, get your hat" etc.