View Single Post
Unregistered 11:25 PM 06-01-2009
I have been trying to decide if I want to become a liscenced provider or not. I want ot go above and BEYOND what is required for the liscensing daycares . The main reason why I don't think i could get a liscense is because after reading the requirements, I cannot meet one,and it is something very minor . In my state they do not want a home child provider to have a dog ANYwhere that the children will be in that home. I have a indoor dog and she would never be left unsupervised. She does spend a bit of her time gated in our kitchen or luandry room. But this won't work,because uner the rules i would have to keep er somewhere where the chidlren woudln't be. That would have to be in my luandry room,or my bedroom. I feel it would be inhumane to keep a dog in one room(away from all people) pretty much all day long. She is great with kids ,doesn't bite,etc..etc.. and like I said i would never allow her to run free if i was not in the same room,if i couldn't watch her I would gate her in the kitchen. My food prep area would be on the counters. Her head is about 8inches off the floor,so she'd never ever affect food . I'd keep her medical records as proof of her being up to date on everything. I would even print out all the state guidelines for a licensed home child care provider so the parents can see that I am gonig above and beyond those requirements. I just can't give up my dog or put her up in another room all day long.
Also, I would keep only the amount of kids legally allowed for a unliscenced daycare (2 ),at least starting out,then I'd only want no more than 4kids at a time longterm. I want to save my $ first so Icould have a set up that blows away any (home) daycare I have seen yet.
With that said, do you all think it is a good thing to have paperwork showing the requiremtns to so parents can see (on their own) that I have exceeded those requirements? It seems some parents care more about lisencing regardless of the quality of care they are actually getting.