View Single Post
DCP&Momof3 10:22 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by SimpleMom:
I would agree that different things work for different kids. Don't take a kid out for errands and expect perfect behavior without proper rest, food, etc. Just asking for trouble

Also agree with say what you mean and mean what you say. Do follow through with a consequence cuz your kiddo will know you mean business.

I do believe kids are more aware and can/do know more than we give them credit these days. Kids can behave if EXPECTED to behave. It's all in the expectations and in the respectful approaches the parents have in showing them that. No matter if it's a spanking, a time-out, a withdrawing of priveledges---just be respectful about it and consistent. They'll get the message.
I totally agree! As parents we can be respectful to our children so that they learn to be respectful! Just don't forget that WE are the parents, not the kids! My problem is with the parents who take this too far and just plain don't use common sense! Not saying "No" all the time isn't the same as letting your kids do whatever they want!