View Single Post
MNMum 03:24 PM 04-13-2012
Agree with PP. Those babies need to be put down for a early nap. Lay them down within 2 hours of their wake up time in the morning. Probably around 8:30. They should be up by 9:30 or so. By 1:00, they should be ready for another nap. The afternoon nap should be closer to 2 hours. Sleep begets sleep, an overtired baby is not going to sleep well. Changing things up may take a few weeks to transition.

Some people transition their toddlers around 15 months to one nap. If this is done, they will usually sleep 2.5-3 hours at a pop. With your 14 mo old I think I would try the early nap, though, he's probably too overtired to last until 1pm.

I was having a horrible time with my group a few months ago. Someone suggested going in once, saying to the toddler, "Everyone is still sleeping, it is nap time, I will come get you when nap time is over." While saying this, I lay her back down and cover her back up. She is screaming while I do this, but then she will go back to sleep! It was a life saver here! She was about 17 months old at the time, and sleeping 45 minutes. Now she naps at least 2 hours everyday.