View Single Post
Solandia 06:01 AM 07-16-2012
I completely understand about the power-tripping egos of some licensing folks.

However, I think you were rather shortsighted by investing in 100' of fence that would not keep in a child. I wouldn't pass the fence either. If I was an inspector, it would appear to be a doing half a job & a waste of my time to come out to inspect something so obviously not was to requirements (the expectation being a fence to actually contain the children). Coming from the licensing angle, I can only imagine that it seems that you are going to continue being a "problem" to keep an eye out for.

I wouldn't have put that much money in a fence that was worthless in its intent. Our city doesn't allow a fence w/in 12" of another property, so kinda the same thing where you can't butt up to your neighbor's fence. Enclose the play area and be done with it. OR find if it is possible to put up and take down daily a temporary fence or structure for that corner, or see if you can get a permit for the shed.

At this point, I think you are ticked off, and being making it seem more impossible & dramatic than it really is. I get it, I would want to antagonize the person making things difficult as well. i cannot see the licensor backing down at this point...you are now completely engaged in a battle of the wills. Good luck.