View Single Post
mismatchedsocks 03:40 PM 06-21-2010
I could not see your pictures, but Crystals ideas sounds great!

Here I have 1200sq ft on main floor, 1200 in basement and 800 upstairs. I only use 1200 on my main floor, the basement is not finished and I just moved my own kids upstairs in the 2 bedrooms/1bathroom area.

On my main floor I have the kitchen, in which I have a L shaped table, and I used a rolling shelf for microwave cart, and under is 2 shelves. On the top shelf is kids plates, cups, bowls, napkins for self serving, the bottom shelf is art supplies. That is the "art room" only room with no carpet!

Then I have my room. It is mainly my room, unless a baby needs to sleep, or a child is asleep during normal daycare times. I can fit 4 kids in here sleeping. I do not use this room for any other type of play, just naps if needed.

I do have one bedroom down here JUST for the daycare. It has no furniture in it. The closet has the board games, and a set of cubbies for the kids sleeping bags and extra diapers that dont fit in the front cubbies by door. That room in the summer is used for school agers except for from 12-2, then it is the nap room. It has a excersise mat in it, that we use to tumble, put on plays, do circle time, etc.

Then I have the living room. L shaped couch here too. (better for my space then 2 couches) I use this as the newborn to steady walker room. When I have baby babies it has the baby equipment in it, so baby is safe from the older kids.

And I converted my dining room into a toy room. It has 2 tall shelving units. That stores on the lower shelves baby toys, blocks, cars, and books. The higher up shelves holds the larger blocks, stuff with little parts, and puzzles. In one corner of the room is the kitchen, stove, grocery cart and little table.

I should take pictures. I used to think it was too small but then I rearranged and am much more happy. GOod luck!