View Single Post
nanglgrl 03:45 PM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I think that most rule changes are because somebody at HQ needs job security and has to come up with something/anything.

We have a moronic written "emergency plan" we must send in and get approved before getting licensed here in Utah. It's a bunch of stupidly obvious questions that don't really need answered, because any provider with even a partial brain already knows what to do. Having to write it down for licensing is insulting to every providers intelligence.
Exactly! Here we have to have Emergency Fire and Tornado plans, practice them monthly, document them, post the plan by each exit and label all exits with a fire symbol and the tornado space with a tornado symbol. These things, along with the required no smoking signs hide my door so well It's a surprise we can find it.
I wonder who they think all of these posted plans/signs help? The children I care for can't read (nor do they smoke) so they have no idea what the plan says (or that they are not allowed to smoke in my house) and as for the pictures they are just decorations to tear off if given the chance to the littles.
To top it off the state just made us add a flood plan. I live no where near a body of water so I was tempted to put that my plan would be to contact Noah and see if he has room on the arc for a tired woman and her 6 charges but I didn't think the state would appreciate it. Instead I added the flood plan they wanted and to be proactive I added a plan for a volcanic eruption and a biohazard spill. At my last inspection the woman looked at it funny and said "I certainly hope we won't have a volcanic eruption here" and I responded with, "I figured it's almost as likely as a flood so I'd better add it to save on designing and laminating a new plan next time they change rules"....I live in Iowa