View Single Post
daycarediva 08:46 AM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have actually had people infer that I should wait to get paid and accept late payment because I don't "need" the money.

We don't go around bragging, but we don't. The reason we don't is because we are frugally wise where it counts. We have one nice vehicle and one beater, etc. Only 2 tvs, we buy furniture off of garage sale sites and Craigslist (2 big dogs, 2 cats...)

If we made different choices we would "need" the money. The fact that I'm not stressed out about money means I don't deserve it and should help out those who made bad choices, right??
YES. This is my BIGGEST pet peeve with parents. We aren't hurting, but it's because we don't live an extravagant life like my daycare parents do. I cannot remember the last time we went out to eat. We just did the movies, but I used groupon + promo codes and planned it weeks in advance to do so, we ended up paying $18 for a family of 6, etc.

I think the second biggest one was that I enforce my drop off cut off time. I tell/warn parents NUMEROUS times, I tell them at THREE different times and they SPECIFICALLY have to sign after each policy- this one included. Why then are they surprised to be met with a locked door?