View Single Post
Sumshine 05:23 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
A 5 yo haha, stamping her foot and throwing a tantrum because she didn't get her way.
I'm so happy for you and proud of you for taking that step!! You just reclaimed your business for yourself and no longer letting her run it for you!

Don't ever let the fear of what a disgruntled dcf might say about you, cause you to hang onto them longer than needed. They'll always do what works best for them and this is your business, not theirs. Positive word about your program will spread better than a griping spoiled former dcm's word because they will come off sounding like that 5 yo voice.
I agree! And she is somewhat friends (went to high school) with one of my newer DCPs and mom came in last night happy as ever to see her baby and dad dropped off this morning pleasant as usual so I don't think she has or will say anything to them. The other 2 sets of parents are my acquaintances we were not close prior to me doing daycare but they knew of me from my DH family/friends so I know they wouldn't think twice about anything said about me. One DCM in particular raves about how happy she is with them being here and how much better her kids are acting at home now that they are here with structured fun and learning and she made the switch from staying at home with them to working. She is happy she gets a few hours at night and her weekends with quality happy time with them vs the million hours in a week she'd get with them challnaging her at home all the time!

I emailed my licensor again last night informing her that I termed immediately because she picked up again from bus stop and wouldn't come receive her notice.
Her exact response was "How disrespectfull of her"
I told my licensor that I was no longer going to communicate with her as when I sent her the text saying that care is terminated immediately I ended our parent-provider relationship. I told her that I went to bed last night hoping that today would be a good and new day and I don't feel a need to conversate with DCM about the situation and thay I hope DCM feels the same way too so there will have to be no further updates to this crazy saga that all started with an expectation of me to be ready to care for your child on a 3 minute notice on an unscheduled day! And let's be real she gave me no opportunity but to make me care for her even when I wasn't home because she chose to let her ride the bus to my property!

Speaking of which I need to call the bus company and tell them not to stop here anymore!