View Single Post
Auntie 06:38 PM 06-22-2011
My niece has had such a hard time finding daycare.
Currently since her son was born a friend has been watching him. She only watches him so she is does not have to be licensed.

Anyway she drops off at 5:15 in the morning. And picks up around 4:15. Her hours changed to 10 hour days so she is home with her son on Fridays.

Since this provider has been on vacation the last two weeks we had an opening at the center I work at and I have taken him two days a week and then watched him at my house the the other two days which are my days off.

Anyway he really liked being with kids his age and I can tell he needs structure.

I told my niece she really needs to find a home daycare or center that has some kids his age.
However, her hours are what they are and finding care that early in the morning is tough. I told her she could sign him up where I work and drop him off M-Th and I would bring him to work with me. Well there is also the price it is more than what she is currently paying. She is a single mom and makes too much money to get on any kind of assistance.

So I guess my question to you all is would any of you make an exception if you ran across a family with such early hours. OH and when there is overtime she has be to work by 4am or 4:30. Something like that.