View Single Post
Fruitloops1 10:19 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Sounds delish! Thin pancakes would be good with this too. (We've done this before) I'm not a good enough cook to make crepes but I can get the pancakes pretty thin.
crepes are pretty easy!! Have you tried to make them before? I am from Montenegro (former yugoslavia) and we call them Palacinke. We make them similar to french crepes but a little less egg-y It calls for quite a bit of butter but I tried using coconut oil instead and it tasted great. Here is a recipe I found online with coconut oil.....

mmmm, I think I will make some today...

3 eggs, well beaten

1/3 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons sugar (omit for savory)

3 tablespoons melted palm shortening or coconut oil***

1 1/2 cupa unbleached all purpose flour

3 cups 2% milk

a little coconut oil to grease skillet

1. In a large bowl, beat eggs well with salt. Continue to beat while adding sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk eggs continuously while adding melted coconut oil.

2. Add flour and milk in thirds beginning with 1/2 cup flour. Beat by hand until incorporated and whisk in 1 cup of milk. Repeast twice more. Batter is much thinner than pancake batter.

3. Crepes will turn out better and fry easier (without breaking) if batter is refrigerated overnight. It must be completely smooth (no lumps of flour) to get a nice crepe.

4. To Fry: Heat desired sized saute pan over medium heat until a drop of batter immediately blisters in pan. Brush pan lightly with oil for the first one. Depending on the size of fry pan (I use 8" omelette pan), ladle in enough batter to thinly coat the bottom of skillet when tilted. The key here is to work quickly. Hold skillet in one hand, add batter and immediately tilt until batter is spread out and evenly coats the entire bottom of skillet.

5. Fry 3-4 minutes on first side, flip and cook about 2 minutes or until set and golden on second side. Fill with choice of filling.

http://www.foodbuzz.com/recipes/2102...pes-palacinke-