Thread: Rsv
View Single Post
SunshineMama 01:30 PM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I know that there are probably a dozen threads on this, but search keeps saying different. So, I'll just ask.

DCM called this morning. DCG started running fever yesterday and went to ER last night. She has RSV and pneumonia. She's 18 months old.

She hasn't been around the other kids since Thursday, a week ago. She was around my husband on Saturday. He has COPD, so that is a concern. However, at that time, she was fine with no signs of illness.

I need to know how long before she showed symptoms would she have been contagious to know if I need to let the new baby's mom know.

I also need to know how long she should stay out so that she won't spread it. NIH said she could be contagious 3-8 days, but if she was a weakened immune system, it could be as long as 4 weeks. This child has every allergy under the sun and a constant sneeze and runny nose.

How long should I insist that she stay out? My other kids are 18 months and 7 weeks.
My friend's child got RSV at 12 months. She hired a temporary nanny for a month after the recovery due to the weakened immune system. I would not let that child back in care for a few weeks if I were you.