Thread: How Many Hours?
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 03:34 PM 07-26-2011
What about cont ed classes required by dc licensure? My accountant said these hours count.

As far as I know, the only time that you can count is the time that you spend in your home doing DC related things like cleaning, preparing, planning, watching kids etc. I'm not sure that the time you spend in classes required by licensing are any different, I'll have to recheck that, I know I wasn't able to claim the time that I was at my licensing orientation which is required, only the mileage.

As well as mileage to/from and also the cost of the classes.

Now I don't count time shopping... I don't buy separate groceries for daycare. I couldn't imagine counting up the hours I've spent garage sale-ing as I more often than not come home with something for the dckids. I do keep track of what I bought and how much it was though.

Time spent shopping even when DC related can't be counted, only the mileage to and from the trips and of course the amount that is spent on DC related things (DC only things are 100% deductible, items shared by DC and your family like toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc are partially deductible based on your time/space %).