View Single Post
Unregistered 01:00 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello,

I am enrolling my 2 year old in a new daycare next month. I met with the Director and toured the facilities over the summer and was very impressed. I have also heard great things, plenty of references. Last month, I put down a non-refundable "registration fee" of $90 and book fees of $30. I also had to buy uniforms, which I spent almost $100 for! I was assuming that would cover all supplies and things that my daughter would need.

Today I recieved a letter in the mail with an extensive Supply List. It includes Clorox wipes (cleaning supplies?!.. those should already be available!!) and crayons, markers.. all the basic school supplies plus specific items from Hobby Lobby like finger paints and such.

Ok... she's 2.... and I'll be paying outgrageous tuition plus a registration fee (for what?), so... what's with the supply list?

Her other daycare just required pull-ups, wipes, a blanket, and change of clothes.. plus, no uniforms!!

And, no.. when I met with the director, I was not told about the uniforms or supply list. I read the handbook and bought the uniforms.

Anyway, is this normal? Does anyone else have a supply list for their 2 year old daycare?
Yes
It is great to have a list for all ages this help keep the cost of childcare down.
And it helps teachers all supplies on hand at all times.