View Single Post
DCMom 05:08 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
I don't know what I'm going to do this summer as our new regs also disallow any type of water play, not even a table or sprinkler, without a 2nd adult present. Going to be a long summer.
Wow, seriously??
I swear the people who come up with these regulations have NO CLUE what it is like to spend the day with a bunch of little people.

lilbutterflies:
I have rubber anti fatigue mats under my swings ~ the look like this:
http://www.emedco.com/anti-fatigue-f...ats-ssmat.html
I definitely didn't pay that much thought; they were like $15 each at Menards or Home Depot ~ 2' x 3' I think.
It's been awhile, but I think we put six together under the swings, then black dirt then grass seed. We did it in the the fall, so there wasn't as much traffic and the next spring we had grass growing up through the spaces. The kids can't create the muddy holes that form under the swings; it worked so well that we put them at the ladders and the end of the slides.

When I put in my under two play area in last year, I put them under the rubber mulch to keep the digging to the dirt to a minimum. They haul it around but it is adjacent to my patio, so I just sweep it up and put it back.

So, if you don't have to have mulch it is a nice alternative.