View Single Post
cheerfuldom 08:49 PM 03-03-2012
Do you not have a contract yet?

If you have a contract, I would alter it to include your new rates and parents must sign or give notice immediately (give a specific date within a week at most where they have to decide yay or nay). By agreeing to stay with you, they are agreeing to the rate changes and signing the new contract. If they decide nay, then they have two weeks to find new care, period. As for the rates, you have to figure out what the norm is in your area and what is fair considering the services you offer (especially if you include meals, preschool curriculum, etc, etc).

My rate is $140 per week for full time children. They pay for all five days whether their child is in attendance or not. They also pay for my vacation and holidays. My part timers pay a daily rate of $30 per day, do not pay for days when they are not in attendance but must provide a schedule for a month at a time and a month in advance.

There is no reason why you have to wait to make these changes until the summer. You have to get used to doing what is best for your family and your finances. The parents are not being forced to stay with you. They can leave if the changes don't work for them and go find new daycare. I promise it is not that big of a deal and you will be so grateful that you are not losing so much income in the next few months.