View Single Post
Ems_mom 10:11 AM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have the exact situation right now. One of my moms is on maternity leave right now. She is still bringing her 3 year old to me 2-3 days a week, and she is paying , me full price. One reason for this is....she has a guaranteed spot for her new baby with me at the end of the 6 weeks. I should not go without income for 6 weeks, and still hold an infant spot at the same time. I get calls weekly for people looking for infant care, and if she wants to keep the children together, it is a small price to pay. Before I stayed home, I had to pay my childcare provider full time for 2 kids, while I was on Mat. leave with my 3rd. I only dropped the kids off long enough to get some rest and spend some one on one w/ the new baby. But I knew I wanted my kids together and infant spots are hard to find. I do think if she keeps the one child home, you may want to charge 1/2 price. Every situation is different, just talk to the mom. I have another mom due in Nov. and I watch her other 2 kids. I have asked what their plans are for the new baby over 3 weeks ago, and they still havn't gotten back to me. I will replace them by June, if they havn't made up their minds.

Exactly! The Mom that I have right now is due the end of May, I have her two other kids and have since there were born, She will bring her kids part time even though she has 3months off. She did the same when she had #2. It worked out well. She gets to keep the spots and get some rest and the kids get to keep some nomalsy(sp) in their routine. Otherwise there is going to be a big fuss when mom does go back to work because they are used to being home with her and you have the seperation anxitiy all over. And even better you get to still be paid.

Personaly I do not hold spots unless it is a new sibling and the other kids stay during mat leave. i.e-teacher for summer break. I can not afford to hold a spots for kids.

Hope the Helps
Amanda