View Single Post
Unregistered 09:27 AM 09-15-2011
My son's daycare provider purposely makes the room really dark and puts the children in play yards with pillows and blankets so they think it's night time and will sleep for 3-4 hours. All parents at the daycare have complained about their children not sleeping at night, but she does this so she can do whatever she wants to do. Or she often sleeps too while the children are naping (I would love to be able to take a nap at my desk in the middle of my day!! ...). When I ask her about this she tells me that she won't wake a sleeping child because they get cranky, but isn't this extreme? My son doesn't go to bed until almost 10 everynight and then it's a fight to wake him up in the morning.

All the providers in this forum do is complain, but they all choose to be day care providers!! Everyone has a personal choice on what they chose to do especially when they have their own business. I choose to work in an office environment...I have paper work and stuff that needs to be done and would love a chance to just do it and catch up on stuff...but guess what? all my "main work" comes first. If I don't like it...I could find a new profession. Why do providers act like they're so different? I have to stay after 5 alot of the time or work at home to do stuff that I couldn't get done during the day. I don't want to nor do I like doing it...but I have to do my job at any cost. Appearently day care providers are immune to that and should have the children sleep for hours on end so that they have their precious time to get their stuff done?

I guess I dont understand why the toys/rooms can't be disinfected right after the children leave? How is this any different from a parent who leaves work to pick up their child, but has to turn their lap top on once they walk in the door to finish up something that they needed done that day? (which I have to do daily) We all have a tough job to do...why can't that just be the way it is? Instead of what I see in this forum that parents do nothing all day, don't care about their children and just drop them off at daycare to be a burden on all you providers so you can complain about what you choose to do?