View Single Post
daycarediva 03:27 AM 09-11-2012
I run an in home daycare. I have an open door policy, parents are always allowed to pop in and check on their child. Depending on demand in the area (and especially with a daycare closing) your child won't be the only child in care for long. I have 5 kids under 5 so although it's a small group, I was able to hand pick each child. I have know some of them (and their families) since they were infants, and had their older siblings, etc.

I give my days off for the year in January so that parents can plan accordingly. I don't schedule a long vacation (3 longer weekends). I have called in sick ONCE in the last year. Most people who have home daycares are VERY reliable. I know I have 10 parents counting on me! That being said it is VERY hard to find a back up provider to go through all of the licensing requirements for MAYBE 3-5 days (vacation and sick) per year of pay, kwim?

I say give her a chance and try going into it with an open mind. I truly love and enjoy each of the kiddos in my care and think my home/daycare is the best spot for them, or I wouldn't be doing this!